View Mobile Site

Stockton diocese sued over alleged priest abuse

Text Size: Small Large Medium
POSTED September 25, 2012 9:07 p.m.

 

STOCKTON  (AP) — The Roman Catholic diocese in Stockton is facing another lawsuit alleging child abuse by a defrocked priest who spoke openly about molesting children in a 2006 documentary.

An unidentified woman says she was molested by Oliver O'Grady from 1991 to 1992 when she was 11 and 12 years old, and O'Grady was serving in Calaveras County.

Her suit was filed in San Joaquin County last month.

O'Grady spoke openly about molesting more than 20 children in the documentary, "Deliver Us from Evil." He was arrested for molesting two boys in the 1990s and later deported to Ireland.

The Diocese of Stockton is facing at least two other lawsuits alleging abuse by O'Grady.

Paul Balestracci, an attorney representing the diocese, said he had just received the latest complaint and could not comment.

 

Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...