View Mobile Site

Disagrees with transgender school law

Text Size: Small Large Medium
POSTED October 7, 2013 1:49 a.m.

Editor, Manteca Bulletin,

This is in response to the Oct. 3 Manteca Bulletin front page article regarding transgender teens.

First of all let me say I have to give this young boy credit for his effort in getting the treatment that he feels he (and others like him) are entitled to. (That would be about 1% of the population.) It’s just unfortunate that he does not understand that trampling on the rights of the other 99% is not the way to do it.

I am speaking out for that other 99%. I am (obviously) not a student, but I do have a young granddaughter and many nieces and nephews in school, and for all the obvious (common sense) reasons, boys are not allowed in the girls’ bathroom or locker rooms and girls are not allowed in the boys’ bathrooms or locker rooms.

I don’t know what our governor was thinking when he signed Assembly Bill 1266 into law in August, but hopefully somehow that will get overturned. I know there are people working on this at this time. If the bill does go into effect in January, as it is supposed to, it will open a whole big can of worms that I won’t address here.

I do hope people in our community and everywhere else will get on the bandwagon and do their share in seeing that our kids are able to maintain their modesty and privacy as they have been taught for many generations before us.

Dee Wackerly

Manteca

October 3, 2013

Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...