View Mobile Site

Vick: Foles ready to start

Text Size: Small Large Medium
POSTED October 17, 2013 10:55 p.m.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, still recovering from a hamstring injury, does not expect to play in Sunday’s game against Dallas.

However, coach Chip Kelly has not officially ruled him out yet.

Vick has practiced on a limited basis all week, while second-year quarterback Nick Foles has worked with the first team.

The Eagles (3-3) have won consecutive games, with Foles largely under center, and Sunday’s game with the Cowboys (3-3) is for first place in the NFC East.

Vick spoke to reporters on Thursday at the team’s training complex after practice, and essentially ruled himself out.

“I don’t want to push it too much and just let things happen naturally. It’s going to be fun to watch. I look forward to watching Nick (Foles) play,” Vick said. “I’ve had some great battles with the Dallas Cowboys and they’ve all been fun. Nick will get a chance to experience that.”

Before practice, Kelly was noncommittal.

Rex didn’t ban sex

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Rex Ryan has provided plenty of memorable quotes during his four-plus years as coach of the New York Jets. This one, though, might have topped them all.

No, it wasn’t a guarantee or bold prediction. In an attempt to clarify what he told his players at a team meeting earlier this week, Ryan offered this declaration Thursday to avoid some apparent confusion:

“I did not tell our players that they couldn’t have sex,” Ryan said.

Newly acquired Josh Cribbs said Wednesday he could tell how much Ryan wants to beat New England, telling his players to put off doing chores around the house until next week. Some players mistakenly thought Ryan implied that sex was also on his banned “honey-do” list.

Judge mulling case

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The federal judge overseeing the complicated court fight over publicity payouts between the NFL and retired players took the case under advisement Thursday, before deciding whether to give final approval to the $50 million settlement.

U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson heard arguments in his courtroom in Minnesota but gave no timetable for his decision on the settlement, which was reached in March between the league and the players.

Commenting is not available.

Commenting not available.

Please wait ...