Plumes of black smoke could be seen for more than 10 miles away as fire engulfed playground equipment at John McFall School at 1810 Hoyt Lane near Northgate Park shortly before 6 p.m. Monday.
SACRAMENTO (AP) - Lawyers for the City of Stockton said Monday it has cut its budget and services to the bone and has no choice about trying to become the most populous U.S. city to enter bankruptcy.
It's been more than a month since Lathrop Police Services lieutenant Chris Pehl rotated back to the French Camp Sherriff's Department headquarters.
Manteca's leaders want to see golf pro Alan Thomas make a lot more money. And the reason they do is to improve the municipal golf course's bottom line. The City Council has finalized a deal with Thomas that would give the golf pro 90 percent of everything he generates above $814,044 a year in green fees during this year, 2014 and 2015. The city would receive the other 10 percent. It is the flip of ...
Kay Jones sported a floral skirt and a peach blazer from the Dress Barn of Manteca. A 30-year breast cancer survivor, she made all those near and dear to her proud during Friday's first-ever Couture for a Cure Fashion Show sponsored by the Ripon Relay for Life team, 'One Step at a Time.' Included was her granddaughter, Rochelle Souza, who, along with Kim Waterbury, was emcee of the runway event. "We're here because we've all ...
STOCKTON (AP) - By outward appearances, Stockton, a city of nearly 300,000 on the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, seemed in the mid-2000s to be emerging from decades of struggle.
Get ready for a housing shortage. As implausible as it may sound Manteca new home builders are predicting they won't be able to meet demand later this year. The reason is simple. Buyer demand in Manteca is increasing at a rate that's too fast to bring ready-to-build lots online. That is also why builder confidence nationwide has fallen even though new home sales are at their strongest in over six years. The National Association of ...
Motorcycle officers from the Tracy Police Department led a funeral procession through the Central Valley, delivering Bob Prosser to his final resting place.
South San Joaquin Irrigation District has something that everyone else in California wants - water.
Thirty or more vehicles routinely back up during weekday afternoon commute hours on southbound Moffat Boulevard at the Austin Road intersection.
STOCKTON – Carol Noceti and the staff at Stockton 99 Speedway are starting to feel the heat.
A thank you breakfast Saturday at 9 a.m. with chicken fried steak as the centerpiece of the menu is being held in honor of the late East Union High School athlete Matthew Zaragoza Van Gelderen who has donated seven organs to save four lives.
Bulb-outs - the much maligned landscaping devices that jut out into street parking areas in downtown Manteca - are going to become a staple of new neighborhoods.
Carolyn Nicolaysen doesn't think that society is going to crumble tomorrow. But she'll be ready if it does. The Oakdale-based emergency preparedness expert has three months of food that she and her family eat on a regular basis stored in case the unthinkable occurs. She also has another year of simple foods – items like rice, beans and powdered milk – ready just in case. And while she doesn't know what or when will cause ...
The games are played for fun. But that's not to say that members of the Manteca Fire Department and the Manteca Police Department don't get their competitive juices flowing during this friendly rivalry of hoops. In the annual basketball game benefiting Sierra High's Sober Graduation, police avenged last year's loss Monday with a 48-42 overtime victory. "They beat us because I missed my free throws," said police chaplain Tim Kemptner, who opened the three-minute extra ...
Give a man a tomato and he can spruce up a salad.
Drivers beware – police are out to snare drunk drivers Friday night at a DUI checkpoint.
Greg Leland - whose dedication to young people has spanned 27 years - is being inducted into the Manteca Hall of Fame.
Nearly life-long Manteca resident Gilbert Simoni is celebrating his 100th birthday today from noon to 1:30 p.m. at The Commons at Union Ranch.
Editor's note: First of two parts. In Friday's Bulletin the transgender spouse and non-transgender spouse share their thoughts.