The value of search and rescue dogs throughout the state was demonstrated before Manteca Unified School District's law enforcement and fire service students in the be.tech Academy's "First Responders" program.
If it all goes according to plan the City of Lathrop might have just made its last $1.2 million debt service payment for a series of bonds taken out to participate in the South County Water Supply Project.
The solution to protecting southwest Manteca from a 200-year flood will help determine exactly where the controversial proposed alignment of the future Raymus Expressway will swing through the rural countryside.
The 2015 art contest sponsored by the Manteca Garden Club will have 19 Manteca Unified high school students competing for a cash award and the honor of seeing their art work being used for the club's posters and brochures.
Students enrolled in the Manteca Unified be.tech Academy's first responder program aimed at teens wanting to pursue careers as police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical techs could eventually be subject to drug testing.
An agency wanting to locate an emergency shelter in a general commercial zone - essentially one that accommodates retail and office uses - will soon be able to do so without obtaining a conditional use permit.
The Swiss Hall in Ripon comes alive with a party – sometimes even two or three celebrations – every month – with several of them open to anyone including those who have no blood connections to someone in the Alpine region of Europe.
When California Gov. Jerry Brown announced unprecedented conservation measures last week, attention was quickly drawn to farmers, specifically those in the almond industry, who were accused of getting a "free pass" while the rest of the state is left dry.
Every church has a story. Manteca's churches are no exception. St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, for one, started as a small frame church that was built in 1916 on East Yosemite Avenue on a piece of land donated by the Bacigaloupi family. The first people to attend Masses at the church were Portuguese dairy farmers who came to this once dry and sandy area at the start of the irrigation district in 1909.