LATHROP - The firefighters did not even need to ask for donations. Motorists at the intersection of Louise Avenue and Harlan Road in Lathrop kept the 10 volunteers from the Lathrop-Manteca Fire District constantly on their toes with their donations from 9 a.m. to about 1 p.m. Saturday.
A barbershop quartet comprised of Manteca High students has made their mark during the past school year from singing their rendition of the National Anthem at area events to a talent show and end of the year concert.
It's been more than two decades since Jolynda Lyon first came up with the concept for SONdance Ministries – a place where parents can take their children for worship-based dance productions that strays far away from some of the provocative dance lessons offered today.
Students enrolled in the Manteca Unified be.tech Academy's first responder program aimed at teens wanting to pursue careers as police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical techs could eventually be subject to drug testing.
An agency wanting to locate an emergency shelter in a general commercial zone - essentially one that accommodates retail and office uses - will soon be able to do so without obtaining a conditional use permit.
The Swiss Hall in Ripon comes alive with a party – sometimes even two or three celebrations – every month – with several of them open to anyone including those who have no blood connections to someone in the Alpine region of Europe.
When California Gov. Jerry Brown announced unprecedented conservation measures last week, attention was quickly drawn to farmers, specifically those in the almond industry, who were accused of getting a "free pass" while the rest of the state is left dry.
Every church has a story. Manteca's churches are no exception. St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, for one, started as a small frame church that was built in 1916 on East Yosemite Avenue on a piece of land donated by the Bacigaloupi family. The first people to attend Masses at the church were Portuguese dairy farmers who came to this once dry and sandy area at the start of the irrigation district in 1909.