When people hear about what Larry Grimes do for a living, they cringe.
Larry Grimes' colleagues and students at Sierra High School are familiar with a lot of things about the 2014 Cortopassi Family Foundation Excellence in Science Teaching awardee.
LATHROP – Those that showed up 30 minutes before the Lathrop High School graduation last year learned a hard lesson.
Going solar for Manteca Unified is starting to pay off. Of the 9.1 million kWh (kilowatt hour) of electricity that the district consumed so far during fiscal year 2013-2014, 2.5 kWh – or 27 percent – was generated by the array of solar installations at the school district and about two-dozen other campus locations. The remaining 73 percent was generated by PG&E.
There was no band playing the grandiose strains of "Pomp and Circumstance."
Troy Fast called the first-ever recipients of Manteca High's Honor The Code patch an "eclectic" group.
Weston Ranch High School likes suspense. While the other comprehensive high schools in the Manteca Unified School District have announced the names of their graduating class valedictorians and salutatorians, Weston Ranch wants to continue its tradition of maintaining the suspense by not revealing at this point the names of its top graduates.
It was an hour-long competition to make the best cheese sandwich in Manteca.
The California State University, Stanislaus chapter of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi held its annual initiation ceremony May 2 to welcome 73 new student initiates - the most in the chapter's 16-year history - and six new faculty and administration initiates.
Larry Grimes, Sierra High School's Science Department Chairman who teaches Biology, Physiology, and AP Biology, is the recipient of the prestigious Cortopassi award for 2013.
Manteca High School senior Poonam Kaur Dehal holds a certificate in Suicide Intervention Training.
If you're looking for custom-made flower arrangements made on the spot for Mother's Day, stop by the Manteca Unified School Farm on Saturday between 9 a.m. until noon.
San Joaquin County Office of Education Superintendent Mick Founts may not be a contender in the June 3 primary elections. But his presence still dominates the three-way election race.
Fourth-grade students at Joshua Cowell School were inspired after reading 'Shiloh.'
Teresa Morales and Carlos Belmonte were announced as Cinco de Mayo queen and king at Monday's Manteca High lunch-time festivities.
What's a better time to give back to the community than Thanksgiving?
Ashley Drain and Alexander Bronson, who sent two incumbents of the Manteca Unified Board of Trustees packing in the November elections, will be sworn in at the December school board meeting even while questions about the legitimacy of some of the information they wrote down in the candidates' papers they filed with the San Joaquin County Registrar of Voters are being investigated.
He calls out the play, standing tall in his stance, signaling each member of his team with smooth arm strokes.
They blew bubbles. They built forts made out of newspapers. They experimented with tie dyes using water and rubbing alcohol. They learned how heat is generated and its consequences. They showed how solar heat can power a remote-controlled car. They peered through microscopes to note and observe how a salt crystal looks like magnified so many times.
Manteca High School is not the only one going on block scheduling at the start of the school year 2015-2016. Weston Ranch High School's request to get the green light from the Board of Trustees to do the same starting in August of next year was approved at the last board meeting on Nov. 12.
During his 16 years on the Manteca Unified Board of Trustees, Manuel Medeiros often provided comic relief, even when discussions turned serious and complicated.
The road to success may go down Disaster Avenue for some Manteca Unified students.
Alexander Bronson made his first appearance at a Manteca Unified School board meeting on Wednesday.
Shasta Elementary School was locked down Wednesday morning when police were chasing Alonzo Fabian Talavera, 25, of Manteca who was reportedly running from Manteca Police officers near the Edison Street campus.
Jacob Davis of Manteca graduated with multiple Student of the Course (SOC) honors from the Sacramento campus of Universal Technical Institute (UTI) in Sacramento.
The first five schools that will be benefiting from the narrowly passed $159 million school bond in the November elections are all elementary campuses.
The Manteca Unified Board of Trustees will have its regular meeting on Wednesday in observance of Veterans Day on Tuesday, Nov. 11.
It's turning out to be a case between 21st technology and policies put in place before instant communication exploded into the global picture.
L.J. Alofaituli and Tim Brown weren't anything like the rookie cops on '21 Jump Street.'
Like most parents Tania Green has concerns about Manteca Unified School District going digital in the coming months.