View Mobile Site

Sharpton attending funeral of black shot by Sacramento police

Text Size: Small Large Medium
POSTED March 25, 2018 6:21 p.m.

SACRAMENTO  (AP) — The Rev. Al Sharpton says he plans to attend Thursday’s funeral for an unarmed black man shot to death by Sacramento police officers who say they thought he was holding a gun that turned out to be a cellphone.

The civil rights advocate said on his MSNBC program Sunday that he’s been concerned by the March 18 shooting of Stephon Clark and doesn’t believe it’s gotten the media attention it deserves.

Clark, 22, was standing with the phone in his grandmother’s backyard when he was shot 20 times.

Officers responding to a report of someone breaking car windows say they chased a suspect into the yard.

The shooting has roiled California’s capital city, leading to a protest last week that shut down a freeway.

Enter a Comment:

You must be logged in to post comments.
http://mantecabulletin.com/ encourages readers to interact with one another. We will not edit your comments, but we reserve the right to delete any inappropriate responses.

To report offensive or inappropriate comments, contact our editor.

The comments below are from readers of http://mantecabulletin.com/ and do not necessarily represent the views of The Newspaper or Morris Multimedia.

No comments have been posted. Log in or Register to post a comment.

Please wait ...