Nissan reported record sales in the U.S. for May.
According to the website, www.nissannews.com, 2013 models led by top-selling Sentra, Altima, Pathfinder and Rogue helped set the new mark of 114,457 deliveries, an increase of 24.7 percent over that of May 2012.
Tracy Nissan, 3195 N. Naglee Rd, contributed to those numbers.
All told, the Nissan division boasted 106,558 sales last month, up 31.2 percent over last year.
“We are in the midst of launching five all-new, top-selling Nissan models in 15 months, and the effort is paying off,” said Jose Munoz, Nissan Americas’ senior vice president for Sales and Marketing.
He listed Altima, Pathfinder, and Sentra – the first three of these launches – as being up a combined 64.6 percent in May. “(This) shows that our new products are hitting the sweet spot of delivering the innovation, style, and value that the buyers want,” Munoz added.
The report, in addition, highlighted the following:
• Sales of the all-electric Nissan Leaf finished May at 2,138, up a whopping 319.2 percent from a year ago while marking the second-best month ever for Leaf. Since the March launch of the 2013 model, Nissan has sold 6,311 Leaf (the vehicle and battery assembly is handled in Smyrna, Tenn.), up 332.6 percent over the same period in 2012.
• Sales of the Nissan Pathfinder finished at 9,340, up 292.9 percent from the prior year, in turn, marking the best-ever May for this 2013 vehicle. Pathfinder deliveries have increased 202 percent so far this year thanks to the all-new model, which debuted in late 2012.
• Altima sales in May totaled 31,940, up 40.8 percent over the previous year.
• The all-new Sentra, which debuted in late 2012, saw sales increase 64.5 percent in May to 12,504.
• The Nissan Rogue had its best-ever month with 17,333 deliveries, an increase of 44.7 percent.
For more information locally, contact Tracy Nissan at 209-820-6000 or log on to www.tracynissan.com.