• HOLIDAY STREET FESTIVAL: Saturday, Dec. 6, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on South Grant Street, downtown Manteca
• HOLIDAY TWILIGHT PARADE: Saturday, Dec. 6, at 5 p.m. on Yosemite Avenue in downtown Manteca
• MORE INFO: Contact the Manteca Chamber of Commerce at 823.6121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Manteca Chamber of Commerce is giving the community a gift this Christmas season — a downtown Holiday Street Fair.
The street fair is taking place in conjunction with the 42nd annual chamber holiday parade on Saturday, Dec. 6, starting at 5 p.m. in downtown Manteca.
The street fair will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on South Grant Street between East Yosemite Avenue and Moffat Boulevard. It is strategically placed at the midway point on the Yosemite Avenue parade route that starts at Library Park and goes to Garfield Avenue by Manteca High.
The street fair already has 25 vendors offering everything from crafts and commercial items to non-profits and food booths. Perennial street fair favorite Lockeford Sausage is among those already committed.
Manteca Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Joann Beattie noted the business organization was looking for ways to expand the family appeal of the holiday tradition. It will allow families to make an outing of the day complete with the opportunity to purchase food to enjoy during the parade.
Typically 8,000 people line Yosemite Avenue for the twilight Christmas parade. This year the Indelicato Family of Delicato Vineyards will serve as the grand marshals.
Fees for vendors are $25 for non-profits, $50 for crafters, $75 for commercial, and $150 for food booths.
This year’s parade theme is “The Nutcracker.” The entry fee is $50. The deadline for entries is Monday, Nov. 24, at 5 p.m.
Entry forms can be downloaded from the chamber website at www.manteca.org. Once on the page, go to the navigation bar and click on “programs and services” and scroll down to 2014 Holiday Parade. Vendor applications are available by calling 823.6121 or dropping by the chamber office at 183 W. North St., suite 6.
Trophies will go to first place in each category with ribbons for second and third.
Sponsors of this year’s parade are:
• GOLD: American Chevrolet and Manteca Bulletin
• SILVER: Brocchini Family Partnership, Tuff Boy Leasing, Golden Valley Credit Union, Accurate’s Manteca Collision Center, Atherton Homes, Emeritus Senior Living, Kaiser Permanente
• BRONZE: P.L Fry & Son Funeral Home, Oak Valley Community Bank, 133 Club, Redi-Mark, Richard Silverman, Valley Pest Solutions