By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Woman arrested in stabbing
Suspect jailed for attempted murder charge
Placeholder Image
Angelica Lynn Strahorn, 22, of Modesto was jailed for the attempted murder of another woman in a Manteca bowling alley over the weekend.

A fight between two men, believed to have been playing pool at the Strike Zone shortly after midnight Sunday morning, led to the multiple stabbing of one of their wives from behind who had tried to come between them and break up the altercation.

Numerous witnesses called 911 on their cell phones, telling police of the attack that had left the woman injured on the floor with three knife wounds to the lower back, side and buttocks.

A police dispatcher sent several Manteca police units racing to the scene using red lights and sirens. Officers Ian Osborn and Will Mueller found a 25-year-old Tracy woman lying in the doorway to the bowling alley bleeding from her wounds.

Witnesses told police that the suspect and her friends had left in what they described as a green 1992 Lincoln. Patrol units located the vehicle on Douglas Fir Drive in Manteca a short time later and arrested Strahorn along with another man in the car who had an outstanding arrest warrant.

Public affairs officer Rex Osborn noted that officers searched the car and found a knife under the front seat of the vehicle they tentatively linked to the stabbing.

Strahorn – with the alias of Angie Monkier – was booked into San Joaquin County Jail in French Camp on the attempted murder charge with no bail allowed. She is scheduled to appear in the Manteca Branch of the San Joaquin County Superior Court on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.

Osborn said that of the multiple witnesses to the stabbing, most were hesitant to come forward and talk with officers for fear of retaliation.

One witness, however, had videotaped the fight and placed it on You Tube for all to see. Osborn said the video showed the woman was first knifed twice with the attacker returning and assaulting her a second time.

The victim was taken to a local hospital where she was admitted for observation for what were described as non-life-threatening wounds.