Free sack lunches are being distributed weekdays this summer to children 2 through 18 years of age at 12 locations in Manteca, Lathrop, French Camp, and Weston Ranch.
Any child can take one regardless of income or where they live. They will not be asked to fill out any type of form.
The free sack lunch program operated by Manteca Unified School District Nutritional Services takes place Monday through Friday though Aug. 8. There is no meal service on the Fourth of July.
The federally funded program targets neighborhoods that have a high concentration of families that qualify for free or reduced lunches during the school year.
Nearly 61 percent or 14,474 of Manteca Unified’s 23,753 students qualify for free and reduced meals based on household income.
The sack lunch will include a sandwich, fruit, vegetable, snack and milk. The limit is one lunch per child per day.
The lunches will be distributed from a clearly marked Manteca Unified van with the lime green nutritional services logo.
The Manteca locations are:
• Northgate Park, 1750 Hoyt Lane, 11 to 11:30 a.m.
• Mayors’ Park, 1440 Kelley Drive, 11 to 11:30 a.m.
• Shasta Park, 955 Edison St., 11:45 .m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Southside Park, 409 Oregon St., 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Springport Park, 746 Pestana Ave.,12:30 to 1 p.m.
• Lincoln Park, 245 S. Powers Ave., 12:30 to 1 p.m.
The Lathrop locations are:
• Lathrop Community Center, 15557 Fifth St., noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Apolinar Sangalang Park, 13470 Slate St.,11:15 to 11:45 a.m.
The French Camp location is:
• Good Shepherd Church, 305 E. French Camp Road, 11 to 11:30 a.m.
The Weston Ranch locations are:
• Paul E. Weston Park, 3602 EWS Woods Blvd., 11 to 11:30 a.m.
• Long Park, 4535 Woodchase Lane, 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
• Smith Park, 2606 William Moss Blvd., 12:30 to 1 p.m.
There will also be a free lunch serve at the Manteca Boys & Girls Club, 545 W. Alameda St.
Breakfast will also be served at the Lathrop Community Center from 8:30 to 9 a.m.
If you have any questions, contact Nutrition Services at 858-0769.