By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Fire Engulfs Mobile Home
Placeholder Image

Fire completely engulfed a mobile home shortly before 4 a.m. Friday morning in the Almond Blossom Mobile Home Park at 1901 E. Yosemite Avenue sending an elderly woman to the U.C. Davis Burn Unit by helicopter air ambulance.

Neighbors said Bernie Llamas was pulled from the inferno by her son Richard who was returning home from work sustaining serious burns to his hands and arms.  Mrs. Lamas was burned over 50 percent of her body, according to a fire department spokesman.

Jeanette Russell who lives in another mobile home that backs up to the one that was on fire saw the glow from the flames and ran to her friend’s aid as she heard her calling for help.  She said she found the neighbor and her son sitting in the gutter in front of the burning structure.

Russell pulled the woman by the arms away from the flames across the street as firefighters and medics arrived on the scene with flames shooting out both sides of the home.  A ‘90s Buick sedan parked next to the home was also destroyed.

Another woman living next to the burning motor home was using a garden hose on her residence to keep the flames and heat from destroying her home.  Firefighters arrived and ordered her away from the flames that caused blistering to her face and neck, witnesses said.