A free “Concert at the Wall” for junior high and high school students takes place this evening at 6 p.m. as part of the Not Forgotten Memorial Day Weekend Commemoration at Woodward Park.
Organizer Pastor Mike Dillman has noted the “Concert at the Wall” is designed to help young people understand the heavy price paid for their freedoms.
The High Voltage Band featuring Matthew Grattan on lead guitar and vocals, Paul Grattan on drums and vocals, and Nolan Harris on bass and vocals will perform their own unique style of pop and punk rock. They have been playing venues in Northern California and the Central Valley for over three years with more than 250 shows under their belt. Venues ranged from small clubs to large outdoor concerts of 3,000 people. They recently returned from a three-night tour of Hollywood and played at legendary venues such as The House of Blues, Molly Malones, and The Whiskey a Go Go.
The American Veterans Traveling Tribute’s 80% replica of the Vietnam Wall will be on display around the clock through Monday at 3 p.m. along with the World War II Tribute Collection, Korea Tribute Collection, 9/11 Tribute, Police & Fire Tribute Panels, and Fort Hood Tribute Panel.
Other events over the next four days include:
Sunday at Woodward Park
• 6:30 a.m.: Registration for Wounded Warrior Christopher Braley 5K Run/Walk sponsored by In Shape Health Clubs
• 7 p.m.: Marine Cpl. Charles O. Palmer II Memorial Car Show registration begins
• 8 a.m.: Wounded Warrior Christopher Braley 5K Run/Walk sponsored by In Shape Health Clubs starts.
• 8 a.m.: Flyover and cannon fire
• 8 a.m.: Breakfast by Nulaid Eggs
• 9 a.m.: Flag raising ceremony (Ripon VFW Post 1051)
• 9 a.m.: Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Patrol chopper landing
• 10 a.m.: REACH Air Medical Flight Helicopter lands
• 10 a.m.: Free kids’ energy zone, military exhibits, food and drink concessions open
• 10 a.m.: Chapel worship
• 10:30 a.m.: CAF/Central Valley Squadron Goony Birds fly over
•11 a.m.: Manteca Police Department & Ripon Police Department SWAT and K9 demonstrations
•11:30 a.m.: Red Dog Ash bluegrass band performs
• 12:15 a.m.: Sheriff’s helicopter takes off for processional
• 12:30 p.m.: Processional led by Patriot Guard riders
• 12:45 p.m.: Arrival of the Gold Star families
• 1 p.m.: Community Memorial Service and Missing Man Formation fly over
• 2:30 p.m.: Victorious All Stars perform
• 2:30 p.m. : The Advocates band performs
• 3:30 p.m.: Flyover featuring a World War II bomber from the Stockton Air Museum
• 3:45 p.m.: Red Dog Ash bluegrass band performs
• 4 p.m. : Helicopters will take off
• 5 p.m.: James Greer performing
• 6:30 p.m.: Ford Fiesta car raffle and give away by Phil Waterford and Manteca Ford & Exotic Highline
• 7 p.m. : Singer Lincoln Brewster performs
• 8:45 p.m.: Tahoe Fire Dancers
• 9:30 p.m.: Fireworks celebrating the safe return of all who have worn the cloth of our nation sponsored by Manteca Christian Preschool
The Traveling Tribute will remain open for public viewing through 4 p.m. on Monday.
• 10 a.m.: Ripon Cemetery, Ripon. Memorial Day ceremonies
• 11 a.m.: East Union Cemetery, Manteca. Memorial Day Ceremonies
• 11 a.m.: Lathrop Veterans Memorial, Valverde Park on Fifth Street, Lathrop. Memorial Day ceremonies
• 11 a.m.: Park View Cemetery Memorial Day ceremonies