Manteca Unified is serving free summer lunches to more 2,500 children ages 2 to 18 at 39 locations throughout the district.
No registration or identification is needed for the free sack lunches being primarily at parks. The meals, though, must be eaten on the premises. It is part of the federally funded Summer Lunch Program being operated by the Manteca Unified Nutritional Services.
Lunches are delivered in vans with the Manteca USD-Nutrition Education logo on them.
The program runs Monday through Friday through July 31. There will not be a meal service on July 3 due to the Fourth of July holiday.
Manteca locations are as follows:
• 11 to 11:20 a.m. — Cotta Park on Mission Ridge Drive, Franciscan Park on Elm Avenue, Northgate Park on Hoyt Lane, Primavera Park on Primavera Avenue, Quail Ridge Park on Mission Ridge Drive, Raymus Park on Apache Drive, Sandpiper Village on Pennebaker Avenue, Tesoro Park on Tesoro Drive
• 11:30 to 11:50 a.m. — Giles Memorial Park next to the Boys & Girls Club on Alameda Street, Diamond Oaks Park on Pestana Avenue, Sequoia Park on Wawona Street, Southside Park on Oregon Street, Springtime Park on Springtime Avenue, Villa Ticino Park on Geneva Way, Woodward Park on Woodward Avenue.
• Noon to 12:20 p.m. — Chadwick Square Park on London Avenue, Colony Park on Trailwood Avenue, Graystone Park on Agate Avenue, Library Park on Center Street, Spreckels BMX Park on Spreckels Avenue, Union West Park on Parkview Street.
• 12:30 to 12:50 p.m. —Doxey Park on Northgate Drive, Hildebrand Park on Pine Street, Lincoln Park on Powers Avenue, Morezone Ballfield on Center Street, Roberts Estates Park on Rail Street, Shasta Park on Edison Street, St. Francis Park on Devonshire Avenue.
Lathrop locations are:
• 11 to 11:20 a.m. — Mossdale Landing Park on Towne Center Drive
• 11:30 to 11:50 a.m. — Park West Park on Shelter Cove Circle
• Noon to 12:20 p.m. — Generations Park across from Lathrop High, Valverde Park on Fifth Street
• 12:30 to 12:50 p.m. — Libby Park on Libby Lane, Sangalang Park on Slate Street.
Weston Ranch locations are:
• 11 to 11:20 a.m. — Long Park on Woodchase Lane
• 11:30 to 11:50 a.m. — Smith Park on William Moss Boulevard
• Noon to 12:20 p.m. — Paul E. Weston Park on EWS Woods Boulevard
• 12:30 to 12:50 p.m. — Weston Ranch Library on French Camp Road.
The French Camp location is from 11:30 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. at the Good Shepherd Church on French Camp Road.
If you have questions contact Nutrition Education at 858.0778.