Five dollars can still go a long way in these inflationary times. For just a single Lincoln paper money, you can have any of the following: Taste the flavors of Italy with a gift pack from Sciabica and Sons, Broadway treat from Stockton Civic Theater coupled with a Toot Sweets Bakery gift card, live performance at Sierra Repertory Theater plus dinner at Diamondback Grill in Sonora, or a night at The Grey Gables Bed & Breakfast Inn in Sutter Creek.
Those are just for starters. The Manteca Kindred Arts’ Great Options Drawing fund-raiser this year is offering 10 prizes – with values ranging from $50 to $155 – to lucky winners for just a minimum of $5 donation.
The drawing will be held on Sunday, Feb. 24, at the reception following the 3 p.m. concert featuring
All Great Options entries must be received by Saturday, Feb. 23. However, there will be tickets available for purchase at the concert as well. One need not be present to win any of the prizes.
Each ticket is $5; or 10 for $45. Ticket buyer’s name, address, and phone number must be written on the back of each ticket to be qualified to win.
Call 239-1730 to request your tickets and mail them with your check, payable to Manteca Kindred Arts, to: Manteca Kindred Arts, 1545 Terracina Circle, Manteca, CA 95336.
This is the only major fund-raiser during the year conducted by the Kindred Arts to bring concerts featuring performing artists of international caliber to Manteca. All concerts are held at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church located on the corner of Powers Avenue and East North Street in Manteca.
Below is a complete list of the 10 big-ticket Options offerings:
1. Manteca Kindred Arts season tickets for the 2013-14 season – the non-profit organization’s 27th season. The prize is one family season ticket for two adults and family members age 18 and under. Value: $100.
2. Sierra Repertory Theatre – two tickets for any performance of the 2013 season at the East Sonora Theatre or the Fallon House Theatre in Columbia. Shows include: The Buddy Holly Story, Oklahoma!, It’s a Wonderful Life, The Spitfire Grill, and five other shows. Reservations must be made in advance. Then stop for lunch or dinner for some tasty food at the Diamondback Grill at 935 Washington St. in Sonora. Value: $99.
3. Flavors of Italy – Create your own fabulous oil/vinegar dressings and pasta dishes from award-winning artisan-crafted olive oils and sauces. A gift pack of two flavors of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Wild Porcini sauce, pasta, and other items to complete your Italian dinner, compliments of Sciabica’s Oil of the Olive, Nick Sciabica and Sons, 2150 Yosemite Blvd., Modesto. Value: $76.
4. Broadway in your own backyard – Two tickets to a performance of “Little Shop of Horrors” at the Stockton Civic Theater, with performances set for march 6-30, plus a gift card from Tooth Sweets Bakery Café, 4755 Quail Lakes Drive in Stockton
5. Roam from home in the Mother Lode – one-night stay at one of the most charming inns the Gold Country has to offer, The Grey Gables Bed and Breakfast Inn in Sutter Creek. Valid Sunday through Thursday, holidays excluded. Value: $130+.
6. Movie lovers’ delight – Create your own “Trifecta,” pick your own three winners, Win, Place, and Show. Win the gift card, choose your own place (any AMC movie theater),and select your favorite shows. Make it a real occasion by dropping by El Jardin Restaurant for lunch or dinner before or after the movie. Value: $90.
7. Authentic Italian cuisine at De Vega Brothers for homemade pastas, seafood, steak, and chicken at any of the three locations in Manteca and Stockton. Value: $70.
8. Your morning cup of coffee never tasted so good – Enjoy a full year’s supply of Peet’s Gourmet coffees. Receive a gift certificate for a pound of gourmet coffee each month for a year donated by Peet’s Coffee and Tea located in Stockton at Stone Creek Village Shopping Center. Value dependent on coffee selection. Value: $155.
9. Gallo Center for the Arts – Enjoy a special evening out with dinner and theater tickets. Two complimentary tickets to one of the six remaining performances of the 2012-13 series, and a gift card for dinner at Harvest Moon Restaurant in Modesto. Value varies by show/seat location: $50.
10. Gourmet dining at its best – dinner for two compliments of Isadore’s and Kindred Arts patrons. Value: $75.