Enjoy a special viewing
of some of the most enticing private gardens in Manteca and support student
scholarships and civic projects at the same time.
The philanthropic venue is the annual Manteca Garden Tour slated for Saturday, May 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Six special home landscapes, described by club president Paula Elias as "inspirational," are on the spotlight this year.
Proceeds from the sale of the admission tickets, at $20 apiece, go to the organization's funds for high school scholarships and community beautification projects. Tickets are now available for purchase at the local businesses listed below, or from any garden club member.
Elias said visitors will have many opportunities to cull ideas from the featured private Edens primarily because the homeowners "started with a clean slate in their yards so they were able to plan, design, and develop their outdoor space just the way they wanted."
What's even more inspiring is the fact, "many of the homeowners have done the physical work themselves."
These are some of the things visitors will see at these home-based paradise destinations, noted Elias: "drought-tolerant landscapes, raised vegetable gardens, unique flower-scapes, and even a small orchard."
Many of the homes include water features, from ponds to fountains to pools, she added.
"Homeowners enjoy front and back patios that are used year-round with family, friends and neighbors. Truly, the idea for all homeowners was to develop a space to enjoy with dear ones," she added.
Tour tickets are available at the following local businesses:
* Rain Forest Nursery on West Yosemite Avenue
* Tipton's Stationery & Gifts in downtown Manteca (corner Yosemite Avenue and Maple Street)
* New York Diamonds in the Walmart commercial center (South Main Street and Mission Avenue)
* German Glas Werks in downtown Manteca, (corner Yosemite and Main)
* Sadie's Salon, East Yosemite Avenue across from Manteca High
* Ed's Rockery on East Lathrop Road (on the east end of the Lathrop Road Highway 99 overcrossing)
* Silverado Nursery on Stockton Avenue in Ripon
* Park Greenhouse on West Ripon Road in Ripon
* Delicato Family Vineyards, Highway 99 Frontage Road (west side of the freeway)
* Manteca Senior Center on Cherry Lane just behind City Hall.
A brochure showing the garden locations will be available when you purchase a ticket.
Refreshments will be available at the last house featured in the tour where door prizes will be given away to lucky visitors.
Elias said she appreciates the homeowners who generously open their yards for the annual garden tour.
"Without their support, we would not be able to continue our nonprofit work and award Manteca Unified School District high school scholarships, support school gardens, and contribute to city beautification projects such as Arbor Day tree planting and caring for the Senior Center Rose Garden."
She is also thankful for "our local businesses for supporting our garden club."
For more information, visit the group's website at https://mantecagardenclub.org/ You may also contact them at P.O. Box 23, Manteca, CA 95336.