A special session of the Ripon City Council is scheduled for this morning.
The 10:30 session in the Council Chambers, 259 N. Wilma Ave., will have elected leaders looking at a presentation on prefunding pension obligations for City of Ripon employees enrolled in Pubic Agency Retirement Services otherwise known as PARS.
Council, in addition, could approve Womack Striping, Inc. to handle the maintenance striping work on multiple streets around town.
Included are the following:
- Garrison Way – Removal of the existing striping layout while adding bike lanes, legends, and parking stalls.
- North Wilma Avenue – The work from Main Street to the Fulton Avenue roundabout will call for re-striping the existing lanes, legends and arrows on the existing asphalt.
- Vera Avenue – From Doak Boulevard to Sixth Street, workers will handle the re-striping of the existing centerline and legends.
- Doak Boulevard – Re-striping existing lane line, legends and crosswalks will be needed along this stretch, from Mohler Road to Stockton Avenue. Additional roadway makers are planned between Vera Avenue and Stockton Avenue.
- Miriam Way – Re-striping of legends and stop bars.
Womack Striping, Inc. has agreed to do the work for $54,790 to be paid from the City’s Streets & Road Operating Fund.