The City of Ripon will be winding down its Large Unwanted Item Pickup Program for the year.
Director of Public Works James Pease announced at the Ripon City Council session last Tuesday that residents will have through the end of this month to conveniently dispose of sizeable unwanted household items.
The city offers one scheduled pick up per residential utility customers only during this period, according to the website, www.cityofripon.org.
Outside of that, arrangements along with the regulations are as followed:
· To schedule a pick up, call or e-mail the Public Works Department at firstname.lastname@example.org of fill out the online form. A confirmation number will be provided for the scheduled pickup day.
· Items must be placed on the street next to curb in a manner that does not obstruct the path of travel for vehicles or pedestrians.
· Items must be put out by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day and no earlier than 24 hours prior.
· Four large items are the limit per household.
· The ‘acceptable’ and ‘non-acceptable’ items list can be found on the city website for review beforehand.
· Only items of those customers with confirmation numbers will be hauled away during the pickup.
For more information, call City of Ripon Public Works Department at 209.599.2151.