By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Manteca home fire loss put at $120,000
Placeholder Image

A predawn fire in a two-story home in the 1300 block of Daniels Street at about 5 a.m. Thursday sent two people to the hospital with smoke inhalation.
Manteca firefighters also rescued family dogs and cats from the fire that caused losses of $100,000 to the home and $20,000 in personal property.
Manteca Fire Department engines backed by Lathrop Manteca Fire Department arrived to find heavy gray smoke coming from the garage door and out from under the eaves of the home. 
Seventeen firefighters and two reserves responded with seven engine and rescue units  along with the Manteca District Ambulance and the Manteca Police Department. The fire was knocked down within 35 minutes.  After the garage fire was extinguished crews continued to open walls and ceiling areas.
Engine 244 completed their assignment and went on to search the entire structure for occupants and pets. Crews were able to contain the fire to the garage area however the home suffered extensive smoke damage throughout.  
To contact Glenn Kahl, email