Events are planned this weekend as part of Manteca’s Memorial Day Commemoration that typically draws upwards of 25,000 people.
Saturday at Oleander Estates
u 10 a.m. Groundbreaking Charles O. Palmer II Park, southwest of Union Road and Woodward Avenue
Sunday at Woodward Park
• 6:30 a.m. Registration for Wounded Warrior Christopher Braley 5K Run/Walk sponsored by In-Shape of Manteca
• 8 a.m. Wounded Warrior Christopher Braley 5K Run/Walk sponsored by In-Shape starts.
• 8 a.m. Flyover by Korean War Vintage T Six Trainer
• 9 a.m. Flag raising ceremony and taps; memorial opens, breakfast by Nulaid Eggs, car show and motorcycle show plus exhibits open, helicopters begin landing including Vietnam Huey Gunship and Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Patrol chopper
• 10 a.m. Free kids’ energy zone, military exhibits, Silly Ricky Show
• 11 a.m. Busy Bee Dog Show in Kids Zone
• 11:30 a.m. The Advocates perform on Main Stage
• Noon Victorious All Stars on Main Stage
• 12:30 p.m. Processional led by Patriot Guard riders
• 12:45 p.m. Arrival of the Gold Star families
• 1 p.m. Community Memorial Service and Missing Man Formation fly over
• 1 p.m. Welcome Home Heroes Traveling Tribute dedication
• 2 p.m. East Union Drum Line, Bagpipe Band, Manteca Police Display, Silly Ricky Show, The Advocates, Jeff Cannons, Mechanical Bull competition, Busy Bee dog show
• 3 p.m. Flyover featuring a World War II Harpoon Bomber Plane
• 3:15 p.m. We Are Family on Main Stage
• 4 p.m. Helicopters will take off
• 4:30 p.m. ‘The Beast’ dragster will fire up
• 4:15 p.m. Fire Brands on Main Stage
• 5:15 p.m. The Deadlines on Main Stage
• 6:30 p.m. The High Voltage Band on Main Stage
• 7:45 p.m. Air Force Band Mobility
• 9 p.m. Tahoe Fire Dancers
• 9 p.m. Fireworks celebrating the safe return of all who have worn the cloth of our nation.
The Traveling Tribute will remain open for public viewing through 4 p.m. on Monday.