Nominations are being sought for the Manteca Hall of Fame’s Class of 2012.
The annual induction dinner and ceremonies are scheduled for Saturday, May 11, at the Manteca Senior Center, 295 Cherry Lane.
Nominees are being sought in the fields of education, business, health art, athletics, art, agriculture, government, and community service as well as at-large.
Individuals nominated must have resided within the Manteca Unified School District boundaries at one point in their life. They must be at least 40 years of age at the time of the nomination deadline which is March 12.
Judging criteria is based on 40 percent of success demonstrated in area of nomination. The balance is for contributions for area of nominations such as significant achievements, leadership and dedication as judged by scope and length of activities.
The event is staged by the Manteca Boys & Girls Club. For more information call 239-KIDS or email email@example.com or drop by the clubhouse at545 W. Alameda St.
Nomination forms are available starting Friday, Dec. 2, at the Boys & Girls Club or the Manteca Historical Society museum.
Manteca Hall of Fame
• CLASS of 2011: Jack Kelley, at-large; William A. Jones, education; Donald Widmer, athletics; Jessie Marinas, art; Don I. Asher, government; Margo Young, health care; Norman Knodt, business; Kathryn Aartman-Weed, community service; and Leo Omlin, agriculture
• CLASS OF 2010: Evelyn Prouty, community service; Richard Durham Sr., education; Sammy Davis, special recognition; Susie Beeler, at-large; Kirt Giovannoni, education; Dr. Mel Larson, health care; Gail Perry, business; and Janet Dyk, agriculture.
• CLASS OF 2009: Steve DeBrum, community service; Tom & Gayl Wilson, arts; Mike Morenzone, athletics; Roberto Sepulveda, at-large; Nick DeGroot, agriculture; Mike Atherton, business; Jim Brown, education; and Joel Tokheim, health care.
• CLASS OF 2008: Lloyd Haworth, agriculture; Sister Ann Venita Britto for community service; Evelyn Moore for government; Anne Talcott for education; Linda Freitas-Abeldt for business; Joseph Pellegrino, at-large; Dr. Ricardo Cuevas, for health care.
• CLASS OF 2007: Alex Hildebrand, agriculture; Bea Bowlsby, business; R.C. Owens, community service; Kevin Wentworth, athletics; David Vest, health; Jay Holmes, education; Dennis Weaver, art; Eric Eisner, at-large.
• CLASS OF 2006: Harold Garvine, athletics; Dorothy Mulvihill, art; Ron Howe, at-large; Charles Halford, government; Richard Richina, agriculture; Ronald Cheek, business; and Marilyn Knight, health care; Dino Cunial, education.
• CLASS OF 2005: Art Perry, agriculture; Antoinette Poulos, art; Richard Prada, business; Chuck Crutchfield, community service; James Miniaci and Clare Yaekel, education; Bill Perry, government; Mary McCleary, health care; Harold Scharmann, athletics; and Richard McDonnell, at-large.
• CLASS OF 2004: William “Bill” Pinto, education; Alice Valverde, community service; Raymond A. Honodel, at-large; Dr. Lloyd L. Henry, health care; Glenn Kahl, business; Larry Lenschmidt, art; Robert Albert Brocchini, agriculture; the Honorable Priscilla H. Haynes, government.
• CLASS OF 2003: Ken Huckaby, athletics; Glen Eisner, art; Lucille Fry, business; Rosellen Snyder, community service; Phil Rodoni, education; Jack Gatto, at-large; and Josephine Goodin, health care.
• CLASS OF 2002: Bobby Davis, Business; Gladys Brock, Community Service, Dr. Eugenio Emperador, Health Care; Walter Woodward, Government; Albert Brocchini, Agriculture; James Thomas, Education; James Payan, Athletics
• CLASS OF 2001: Bennie Gatto, Government; Joe Widmer, Agriculture; Maurice Agostini, Community Service; James Barber, Athletics; Denny Crockett, Art; Cutler Salmon, at-large; Robert Piccinini, Business; Leroy Darling, education.
• CLASS OF 2000: Dorothy Indelicato, Art; John W. Harris, Education; Charles Shaefer, Government; Chris Carr, Athletics; Al Nunes, Business; Don Stewart, At-large; Willie Weatherford, Community Service
• CLASS OF 1999: Clarese Anderson, Art; Darrel Phillips, Business; Dr. Randall Williams, Health care; Phil Harmon, Athletics; Jose Barron, Education; Barbara Hildebrand, At-large; Mabel Brocchini, community service; and George Perry, agriculture.
• CLASS OF 1998: Edward H. Brasmer, At-large; Bob Camden, Art; Dr. Russell P. Carter, Health care; Charlie Leo Giles, Business; Artie Fairbanks, Education; Dale Johnson, Community service; Ted Poulos, Government; Gaspare Indelicato, Agriculture; and Ted Nuce, Athletics.
• CLASS OF 1997: Sadie Cabral, Business; Marion Elliott, Education; Trena Kelley, Community Service; Kim Komenich, Art; Jesse Overshiner, Government; and Paul Wiggins, Athletics.
• CLASS OF 1996: Dr. Clair & Mrs. Elsie Weast, Science; Andrew Whitaker, Health care; Robert “Robin” Taberna, Athletics; Jack C. Snyder, Government; Antone Raymus, Business; Louise Moeri, Art; Joe Freitas, Community Service; Albert Fonseca, Agriculture; and Joseph Bisig, Education.
• CLASS OF 1995: Scott Brooks, Athletics; Eugene Douglass, Government; Agnes Elliott, Community Service; John Gatto, Business; Benjamin Goodwin, Agriculture; Velma Gordon, Art; Grace Rhoads, Education; and Dr. Robert C. Winter, Health Care
• CLASS OF 1994: Frances Bynum, Community Service; Milo Candini, Athletics; Frank Jessee, Business; John McFall, Government; Tom Olson, Art; Guss Schmiedt, Education; Howard Shideler, Agriculture; and Judy Vasquez, Health care.
• CLASS OF 1993: Joshua Cowell, Government; Alfred Goodwin, Agriculture; George McParland, Education; George Murphy, Community Service; and Ed Powers, Business