TUOLUMNE – The legendary 1970s Latin rock band Dakila is returning to Black Oak Casino Resort on Saturday, May 3.
Dakila made their return to the stage at the 2013 Voices of Latin Rock and were the hit of the show.
The Sons of the San Joaquin are performing on May 16. The legendary group has been inducted into the Western Music Association Hall of Fame, and many of their albums have won awards from the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. Tickets for the show are $20 and are available at Black Oak Casino Resort’s gift shop The Gift Basket or can be ordered by phone at 209.928.9300 x6508.
Other highlights include modern master of the slide guitar Roy Rogers and his band The Delta Rhythm Kings on May 24 and on the following night, ventriloquist Willie Tyler and Lester, who have brought their comedy act to shows such as The Late Show Starring David Letterman, The Jimmy Kimmel Show, and The Tonight Show.
Also on the entertainment line-up include:
• Thursday, May 1, 8 p.m. — Best of the Comedy Underground
• Friday, May 2, 9 p.m. — Jimmy Thackery – Return of the Blues Guitar Star
• Saturday, May 3, 9 p.m. — Dakila – Cinco de Mayo – Filipino/Latin Stars
• Thursday, May 8, 8 p.m. — Chains Required – Horn Driven R&B – Local Favorites
• Friday, May 9, 9 p.m. — Nanchuck Taylor – Sacramento Party Band
• Saturday, May 10, 9 p.m. — Chris Gardner Band – Mother Lode Round-up Country Party
• Thursday, May 15, 8 p.m. — Comedy Showcase
• Friday, May 16, 9 p.m. — Sons of the San Joaquin Western Stars – Tickets $20
• Saturday, May 17, 9 p.m. — Spazmatics – Nerds that Rock
• Thursday, May 22, 8 p.m. — Local Showcase – The Hot Dark
• Friday, May 23, 9 p.m. — Journey Revisited –Tribute to the Music of Journey
• Saturday, May 24, 9 p.m. — Roy Rogers and The Delta Rhythm Kings
• Thursday, May 29, 9 p.m. — Class Act Comedy – Willie Tyler and Lester
• Friday, Saturday, May 30-31, 9 p.m. — Busta Groove – Bay Area Party Stars
With over 200 seats, Willow Creek Lounge is an entertainment venue complete with a full service bar, dance floor, and video bar top slots. Shows are primarily free, however selected shows may have a minimal ticket charge to provide comfortable crowd size for the venue. For all 8 p.m. shows, doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and for all 9pm shows, doors will open at 7:30 p.m. Performances that require tickets will be noted on the entertainment lineup, and tickets will be available at Black Oak Casino Resort’s gift shop The Gift Basket and can be ordered by phone at 209.928.9300 x6508. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis, and you must be seated at the table to save your seat prior to any show. Willow Creek Lounge is a smoke-free venue, and all lounge guests must be 21 or older to attend.
For more information about Black Oak Casino Resort, overnight accommodations, or to learn more about the current promotions, please visit www.blackoakcasino.com or call 877.747.8777. Black Oak Casino Resort is located in Tuolumne, just 7 miles east of Sonora, off Highway 108.