• WHAT: Twisted Folk 2014 Summer Concert Series
• WHERE: Twisted Oak Winery, 4280 Red Hill Road at Highway 4, Vallecito (in Calaveras County between Angels Camp and Murphys)
• WHEN: May – August, 2014
• TICKETS: Tickets and more information: www.twistedoak.com/concerts
VALLECITO — Looking for something that pairs perfectly with a 2012 Tempranillo, and is more fun than a barrel of rubber chickens?
The promoters of the Twisted Oak Winery suggests enjoying a stunning vista overlooking Calaveras County vineyards, a hearty dinner, and a concert under the stars The hilltop venue at Twisted Oak Winery in Vallecito offers a combination of idyllic setting, award-winning wines, a gorgeous 350-year old Twisted Oak tree, and plenty of space to spread out your blanket to enjoy an evening of folk, bluegrass, rock, Americana and gypsy jazz.
Season passes are now available, as well as tickets for each individual show. Visit www.twistedoak.com/concerts for information and prices.
Kicking off the 2014 Twisted Folk Summer Concert Series is rising Americana star singer/songwriter Sarah Jarosz, who the New York Times has called “…one of acoustic music’s most promising young talents.”
Jarosz also recently received two Grammy nominations for her new CD, “Build Me Up From Bones.” She made recent TV appearances on Conan, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, and Austin City Limits. She has a beautiful voice. You should come and see her!
The complete schedule is as follows:
• Saturday, May 3 – Sarah Jarosz, featuring Alex Hargreaves and Nat Smith
• Sunday, May 25 – Dave Alvin & Phil Alvin with The Guilty Ones; special guests, Laurie Lewis & Tom Rozum
• Saturday, June 14 – Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band
• Friday, June 27 – An Evening with Tim O’Brien
• Saturday, July 26 –Nina Gerber & Chris Webster; special guest, Jill Warren
• Saturday, Aug. 23 – John Jorgenson Quintet
All concerts begin at sundown. Concert-goers will be admitted at 6:30pm. Hot food and Twisted Oak wines will be available for purchase. Attendees are encouraged to bring a blanket and/or low-back chair for seating. All shows will be held rain or shine. No outside alcoholic beverages permitted.
In 2013, the Twisted Folk Summer Concert Series was awarded the prestigious Innovations in Tourism award for hosting the best events in Calaveras County.
For questions about Twisted Oak Winery, contact: Jeff Stai, firstname.lastname@example.org