RIPON — The Ripon Arts League, known as the RAL and founded in 1993, has scheduled its five concerts for the 2011-12 season.
For a $30 ticket, you will enjoy the following five programs:
• The Limeliters, Sept. 8: Original Folk music from the ‘60s and ‘70s. Do you remember the song This Land is Your Land?
• The Tradewinds Big Band, Oct. 13: This 14 member group plays the Big Band music from 1930-1960.
• The Lucky Horseshoe Band, Nov. 10: A Country/Western Band from the past. Remember the songs Cattle Call and San Antonio Rose?
• Sister Swing, Jan. 31: A tribute to the Andrews Sisters.
• High Sierra Jazz Band, March 13: A premier seven-member Dixieland band.
All concerts are held at the Multi-use Building at Ripon High School and begin at 7:30 p.m.
Members are primarily from Ripon, Escalon, Manteca, Modesto, and Salida. Although one may join at any time, it is best to join now, select the concerts you want to hear, and share your ticket with someone else for a concert you can’t attend. An RAL member has a one program reciprocity with Kindred Arts of Manteca. For one $30 membership you have the opportunity to hear six quality concerts.
For more information about programs, you may call Joe O’Leary at 599-3223. For membership information you may call Jackie Ballatore at 599-3476. Or, you may join at any RAL concert.