As Weston Elementary School undergoes a remodel, some of the other Ripon Unified school sites are dealing with their fair share of issues.
Take Ripon Elementary School, for starters. The asphalt on the playgrounds and parking lot is in need of some work.
On Monday, the school board will look at a proposal from Robt.Burns.
The Stockton-based general engineering contractor listed cleaning existing joints, filing cracks, and adding a seal coat, to name a few, to the front parking lot of the school.
For the playground, Robt.Burns would do much of the same as that of the parking lot including restriping while adding concrete wheel stops at the ADA parking stalls.
The base bid is estimated at $66,873.
Asphalt removal and replacing would run another $10,104, according to the proposal.
The school board will discuss this item and more during the 7 p.m. open session in the Council Chamber, 259 N. Wilma Ave.
The agenda also includes:
• Elementary class configuration – Three elementary teachers are being added for next school year as another kindergarten class is added, making it nine for RUSD. Kathy Coleman, director of Curriculum and Categorical Programs, indicated that this will leave only one kindergarten class at Colony Oak. Plans also call for Park View to add one first-grade class and Ripona to get another seventh-grade class.
• Second interim budget report – Terry Ryland and Douglas Crancer are scheduled to present the financial report for the 2014-15 school year.
• RCAF update – Stephanie Hobbs, president of the Ripon Community Athletic Foundation, will provide her latest report on the next phase work on the football stadium better known as Stouffer Field.
• Resignations – Michelle Ryan, RUSD’s Human Resources manager, listed CBO Clarice Luis at the district office, Ripon High teacher Mary Eyer, and Ripon Elementary teacher Yi Zhu and instructional assistant Shawna Officer on her February resignation report.
• New hires – Ryan will also have available the new hires for March, including payroll technician Kimberly DeJong, substitute teacher Austin Pillon, and substitute teacher William Kay, and Ripon Elementary instructional assistant Nicole Bylington.
For more information, call the Ripon Unified district office at 209.599.2131 or log on to www.riponusd.net.