After over two decades, Charlotte Wright is retiring from Ripon Unified’s food services.
As the lead food service worker, she’s looking forward to “moving on to the next phase” of her life effective Aug. 12.
Trustees acknowledged her years of service at last Monday’s school board meeting.
“I would like to thank you for all the great opportunities you have given me as an employee of RUSD,” Wright said in her May 10 retirement letter. “I have enjoyed working with and learning from my colleagues for the last 23 years.”
The board also accepted the new hires for the upcoming school year.
Included were the following:
• Paul Lemieux, Ripon High, Spanish / English teacher.
• Michael Ruhland, Ripon High, Science teacher.
• Peter Flanders, Ripon High, Math teacher.
• Ruth Murphy, Ripon Elementary/RHS, 5.5 hour custodian.
• Natalie Merrill, Ripona, sixth-grade teacher.
• Amelia Luna, Ripona, sixth-grade teacher.
• Samara Stevens, Weston, seventh-grade teacher (temporary).
Michelle Ryan, who is the district’s Human Resource Manager, added that the two positions at Weston and Ripona will be made possible by Title 1 funds.
She also indicated that the search for an eighth-grade teacher at Ripona is currently in the works.