MODESTO — The inaugural San Joaquin Valley Award Winning Olive Oils and Vinegars Festival is this Saturday, Sept. 10, on the south lawn of the McHenry Mansion in Modesto.
The McHenry Mansion is located on the corner of 15th and “I” Streets and the event will be from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Admission is free.
This will be a rare chance for the public to meet eight olive growers and taste their award-winning olive oils and vinegars. Visitors will also learn how to cook by replacing butter and other saturated fats with olive oil, along with flavored olive oils. All products will be available for purchase.
• Bava Family Grove of Escalon with olive oil tasting
• Bozzano Olive Ranch of Stockton with 1 olive oil for tasting with Kani Jahnke
• Bray Vineyards of Plymouth with 1 olive oil along with wine tasting with John Hoddy and Robin Bray
• California Gold Olive Oil of Oakdale with 1 olive oil for tasting with Kevin Tazalaar
• Coppetti Olive Oil of Modesto with 1 olive oil for tasting with Holley Coppetti
• Nick Sciabica and Sons of Modesto will bring 6 of their most popular olive oils including basil, garlic, jalapeño for tasting, and lavender olive oil, along with cookbooks.
• Parenti Olive Oil of Valley Springs will have 1 olive oil for tasting with Luca and Linda Parenti.
• Sonora Gold of Sonora with 1 olive oil for tasting along with lavender oils and sprays from Rancho Torales with Joy and Sandy Severin
• Sparrow Lane of Ceres will have 16 domestic vinegars (from blackberry to walnut), 2 imported aged vinegars from Italy, and 4 olive oils (3 will be flavored) for tasting with Tony Fillicelli
• The Olive Oil Pantry & Tasting Room of Manteca with several olive oils and vinegars for tasting with Arnie Kaufman
Author Richard Calhoun will have his California Olives, Olive Oils, and Vinegars book available for signing, along with two other books, Breakfast Around the World with more than 500 different breakfast recipes, The Butterfield Messenger an exciting and dangerous adventure ride from Missouri to California in 1858.