• First of series of storms moves through NorCal: SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A fast-moving storm has moved through Northern California, but forecasters say two more storms are on their way.
Power was knocked out in some areas, roads were slick, causing accidents and delays during the Wednesday morning commute, but forecasters say the worst is yet to come.
The National Weather Service says a second, more powerful storm, will move into the area Thursday afternoon.
Then, after the second storm moves on its way, forecasters say the third storm system will hit Northern California Saturday.
The third storm is expected to bring the most rain, with forecasters saying the combined rainfall amounts for all three storms could be as much as 12 inches in the coastal mountains.
• 15-year-old crime spree suspect charged as adult: SAN JOSE (AP) — Prosecutors say a 15-year-old San Jose boy will stand trial as an adult for his alleged role in a crime spree that included the killing of one man and the wounding of a police officer.
The San Jose Mercury News reports that Adonis Muldrow did not enter a plea during a brief court appearance Wednesday, where he was arraigned on murder with special circumstances, attempted murder of a peace officer and other charges.
Muldrow’s alleged accomplice, 26-year-old Jonathan Wilbanks, is facing similar charges. He is being held without bail after his arraignment last week. He has not entered a plea.
• SF Bay area school district facing abuse claims: MORAGA, Calif. (AP) — A San Francisco Bay area school district is facing claims from three women and a lawsuit by a fourth alleging abuse by a former middle school science teacher.
The Contra Costa Times reported the third claim against the district on Tuesday. The woman who filed that claim, now 29, says she was sexually abused repeatedly by Daniel Witters when she was a 13-year-old eighth-grader. She is seeking $10 million
The two other claims and the one lawsuit against the district also allege abuse by Witters.
• Santa Clara deputies cleared in shooting: SAN JOSE (AP) — Santa Clara County prosecutors say three sheriff’s deputies were justified in shooting the man suspected of killing three people at a quarry last year.
A report released by the District Attorney’s Office on Wednesday said deputies Fabian De Santiago, Christopher Hilt and Lindsay Crist shot Shareef Allman eight times on Oct. 6, 2011 when he made a threatening gesture with his gun.
The 49-year-old Allman took his own life, shooting himself in the head.
According to the report, Allman may have said “Kill me,” or “I want to kill myself,” before taking his own life.