Tony & Mrs. K’s Bakery & Cafe (1195 E Yosemite Avenue, Manteca) is celebrating their second anniversary! Come enjoy an open house today and sample fresh pastries, breads, breakfast and lunch items and enjoy their fresh roasted coffee for free.
Tickets are on sale now for the Tex/Mex Dinner and Dance at the Manteca Senior Center on Saturday, May 30, from 5 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $8 each and include music and dancing after a dinner of a taco bar with rice, beans, chips, salsa, beverages and dessert. For more information, call the Senior Center at 209.456.8650.
• • •
What are you doing this weekend?
Is your teddy bear feeling under the weather? Or does your child have a favorite stuffed animal that did not quite manage to survive without cuts and bruises? Have no fear, Stuffed Animal Veterinary Clinic is here! Presented by Sacramento Zoo on Saturday, May 30, a stuffed animal “veterinarian” will be on site on the Veterinary Hospital Lawn to take a look at beloved plush toys and repair any boo-boos. Exams are $3 each, repairs $2 more, and proceeds will benefit the American Association of Zoo Keepers. What a fun idea to bring favorite toys back to life!
Price: Varies Learn more at http://www.saczoo.org/page.aspx?pid=698
• • •
It’s time for a Festa — Festa Italiana! Italians are big on family and this event will be no different with plenty to do for every member of the “famiglia.” Children, aka bambini, will have plenty of fun at the Bambini Zone with bounce houses, clowns, activities and puppet shows. Italian autos will be on display for Papa, and Mamma can have fun at Il Mercado shopping for poetry, jewelry and clothing. After a fun-filled day the whole famiglia will definitely appreciate the delicious Italian food (Pasta! Wood fired pizza! Panini!) and desserts such as gelato. You don’t have to be Italian to attend, but love for Italian cuisine is required! Visit the 3rd annual Festa Italiana: Giorno della Famiglia! at the Lodi Grape Festival and Harvest Fairgrounds (413 East Lockeford Street) on Sunday, May 31, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Price: $5 in advance, $7 at the gate Learn more at http://www.visitstockton.org/events/3rd-annual-festa-italiana-giorno-della-famiglia
• • •
Remember the Tapas and Wine Fiesta held every year at the Micke Grove Zoo? The popular event has rebranded into Wild About Wine – and you’ve guessed it, there will be samples of the best foods and wines of more than two dozen regional restaurants and wineries. On Saturday, May 30, visit the Micke Grove Zoo (11793 N Micke Grove Road, Lodi) and enjoy the “zoonique” party. Delicato Family Vineyards and several more wineries will pour their best wines and restaurants like Romano’s Macaroni Grill, Midtown Creperie & Café or Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant will serve samples of their best foods. Place a bid in a silent auction on one-of-a-kind pieces of art created by Micke Grove Zoo’s very own wildlife (animals creating art? Cool!) or raffle off one of more than a dozen prizes. Sounds like fun! Price: $40 Learn more at http://www.mgzoo.com/zoo/micke-grove/events-parties/wild-about-wine.htm
• • •
Have more fun this weekend!
• Unleash your inner Dirty Diva and participate in the Dirty Diva Trail Run on Saturday, May 30, from 8:15 a.m. ($30-$50)
• Do you want to see a movie days ahead its theatre release? Head over to Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento for an advanced screening of the movie Spy tonight at 7 p.m. (FREE)
• Hop aboard the Oakdale Beer Train and sample freshly-tapped Northern California craft brews on Saturday, May 30, at 6 p.m. ($25-$65)
• The Sacramento Concerts in the Park 2015 series (Cesar Chavez Plaza, 910 I Street ) will bring Blackalicous and more this Friday, May 29, from 5 to 9 p.m. (FREE)
• Celtic Woman brings its 10th anniversary World Tour to the Bob Hope Theatre (242 E. Main Street, Stockton) on Friday, May 29, at 7:30 p.m. ($41.50-$101.50)
• Two weeks ago there was an event for kids, but this weekend it’s your time to get dirty at the Dell’Osso Mud Run on the Farm on Saturday, May 30, at 8 a.m. ($75)