Editor, Manteca Bulletin,
This letter is in reference to the Sept. 16, 2014 Social Spotlight about water conservation.
Debbie P. stated that Camellia Gardens residents pay nothing for their water. That statement is false. Camellia Gardens pays for water at the same rate as similar users. Camellia Gardens has an aggressive water conservation program that includes:
• Artificial grass on many lawns.
• Water before 9 a.m. and not every day.
• Use no fertilizers during summer months.
• Drip installed in many planted areas.
• Excess water goes into a local leech field to replenish the aquifer.
• No washing vehicles at residence.
I believe water usage per home in Camellia Gardens compares favorably to any local community.
Lewis W. Young