Editor, Manteca Bulletin,
I want to sincerely thank all those who helped me successfully complete a very memorable trip to Washington, D.C.
•My grandparents Jack and Carol Edney who insisted I go even during hockey season and dressed me to impress.
• My mom who got up early on the few days off she had.
• My dad who bought me everything I needed and more.
• Mrs. Anne Alustiza, an amazing teacher at Neil Hafley, and an even more amazing friend.
• Mr. Anderson the principal at Neil Hafley.
• Rich, the owner of Hob Nob Bob’s, the one who said yes even though he was hospitalized and does eat pizza.
• Mountain Mike’s Pizza, Applebee’s, Les Schwab, and Mr. McGowen’s feed store for letting me do my countless car washes.
• Mr. Don Wise, the Keir family because they helped out even if they are pregnant, my friends Josh Byrd, Sydney Ramey, Courtney Hale, and the hundreds of people who bought Applebee’s breakfast tickets, had their cars washed, bought Mountain Mike’s coupon books, and those who bought junk at our yard sale.
• But I send a big thanks to my family in Virginia for making it easier for my mom to sleep at night when I was gone, driving me to and from the airport and showing me a week’s worth of D.C. in eight hours on their day off. Without your help, I would not have this once-in-a-life time experience. To be inspired by the Martian Luther King Jr. memorial, be within reaching distance of the White House, to be touched by the Vietnam Memorial, and to be open-minded about the Naval Academy. I want to take this chance to thank you again for your loving and generous support.
J Hannah Cayleigh Mack
Senior, East Union High School
Oct. 29, 2011