Editor, Manteca Bulletin,
Donald Trump has vowed to “Make America Great Again.” The following is some of the things President Trump will do beginning January 20, 2017:
1. A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health).
2. A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
3. A 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service and a ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government with a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
4. Renegotiate NAFTA with our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
5. Begin vital energy infrastructure projects like the Keystone Pipeline and lifting restrictions on the production of oil, natural gas, and clean coal to make America energy independent.
6. Cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.
7. Cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities. California has nearly 500 Sanctuary Cities alone in this state. It is time to stop protecting and serving criminals and begin to protect and assist those who have served our country.
8. Begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
9. Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
10. Reduction in Taxes. Lowering the number of tax brackets from seven to three.
11. Create a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
12. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment.
13. Provide our veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice.
14. Offer school choice and education opportunities to give parents the option to send their children to the school of their choice, including vocational and technical education. Make 2 and 4-year College more affordable.
15. Build a Wall. Some call this racist; but few know that Mexico has a southern wall to protect their country and we must protect our borders and enforce our immigration laws for those who go through the process legally.
16. Repeal Obamacare to a system that allows people to choose their doctor and lower premiums. Allow Health Savings Accounts and the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines.
This is by no means everything; but only a beginning to “Make America Great Again.” It is a contract between President-elect Trump and the American voter to restore honesty, accountability and change to America.