No less than 14 crab feeds take place in the South County in the first two months of each year.
The Festa do Espirito Santo de Manteca (FESM) got things rolling Saturday with their annual crab feed that was a complete sell out with all 800 tickets taken.
If you missed out, don’t fret. There are more on the way. Among them are:
Saturday, Jan 14
• MRPS EVENT: The MRPS Crab Cioppino Dinner is Saturday, Jan. 14, at the MRPS Hall, 133 N. Grant St. No host cocktails are from 6 to 7 p.m., dinner is from 7 to 8:30 p.m., and dancing to the band Solsa is from 8:30 p.m. to midnight. Dinner includes salad, rice, bread, and wine. Tickets are $40 apiece. There are no sales at the door. For tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org or call either 825-4255 or 275-5639.
• RIPON LEGION: Ripon’s American Legion Post 190 presents its annual crab feed on Saturday, Jan. 14, with cocktails at 6 p.m. and dinner at 7 p.m. at the Ripon Community Center, 34 W, Fourth St., Ripon. Tickets are $40 per person. It includes all you-can-eat crab, green salad, baked potato, fresh French bread, dessert, wine and coffee. Raffle and dancing will follow. Tickets are available from Darryl Bartels, State Farm Insurance, 210 S. Stockton Ave., 599-2174.
Saturday, Jan. 21
• BOYS & GIRLS: The 31st annual Manteca-Lathrop Boys & Girls Club crab feed is Saturday, Jan. 21, at the MRPS Hall, 133 N. Grant St., Manteca. No-host cocktails are at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. dancing is from 8:30 p.m. to midnight. Dinner consists of plain and marinated crab, salad, wine, bred, and baked potato. Tickets are $40 per person. Tickets are available at the Manteca Fire Department, 154 S. Union Road, or the Boys & Girls Club at 545 W. Alameda St., 239-KIDS.
• ESCALON KIWANIS: The eighth annual Escalon Kiwanis crab feeds is Saturday, Jan. 21, at the Escalon Community Center, 1055 Escalon-Bellota Ave. A no-host bar opens at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $40 each. For more information call 209-402-0515. There also will be a raffle, auction and $100 door prize.
Saturday, Jan. 28
• ST. ANTHONY’S: St. Anthony of Padua School ‘s crab feed is Saturday, Jan. 28, from 5 to 11 p.m. in the school gym at 323 N. Fremont Ave. Dinner will begin at 6:15 p.m. Wine and cheese tasting will take place from 5 to 6 p.m. The event will include a dessert auction, live and silent auctions, plus music and dancing. The event is for adults only. Tickets are $45 apiece. For additional details, call Vicki Ray at 480-9230 or the school office at 823-4513.
Friday, Feb. 10
• PARK VIEW SCHOOL: Park View Elementary School in Ripon is hosting its first Crab Feed Fundraiser on Friday, Feb. 10, at the Ripon Community Center. It is an adult only event beginning at 6 p.m. (no host cocktails) with dinner, auction, and dancing following at 7 p.m. The meal will include salad, bread, pasta, and fresh cracked crab. Tickets are $45 each or a table of eight for $400 (includes 2 bottles of wine). Tickets can be purchased at Park View School directly or by calling/emailing Jeannie Zimmerman email@example.com
Saturday, Feb. 11
• LATHROP HIGH BOOSTERS: The Lathrop High Athletic Boosters are conducting their first crab feed/tri tip feed on Saturday, Feb. 11, at the FESM Hall, 252 N. Main St. No host bar is at 5 p.m. with dinner and dancing from 6 to 11 p.m. Tickets are $40 by Feb. 3 and $45 after. For tickets contact Bill Slikker at 938-6350, extension 52970 or Chuck Garcia at 510-928-7849.
Saturday, Feb. 25
• OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE: Our Lady of Guadalupe Church of Lathrop annual crab feed is set for Saturday, Feb. 25, at the FESM Hall at 230 N. Main Street, Manteca. No host cocktails are at 5:30 p.m. dinner at 6 p.m. and dancing from 8 p.m. to 12 midnight to music by none other than The Mike Torres Band. Tickets are $40 per person and are available at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 16200 Cambridge, Lathrop, phone 858-4466.