May is not just the month of flowers nurtured by April showers.
In the Manteca Unified School District, it’s “Pomp and Circumstance” time. For the school year 2010-11, graduation – promotion for some – ceremonies for the district’s 28 schools will be taking place in a period of five days during the last two weeks of May.
Tuesday, May 24, will be the busiest day for students finishing eighth grade and their families, with 11 schools holding graduation and promotion ceremonies at various times of the day from 9 o’clock in the morning at George Komure Elementary School at Weston Ranch to 7:30 in the evening at Nile Garden Elementary School.
Leading the line-up on May 20 will be Lindbergh Adult School with graduating students receiving their diplomas at the Lindbergh Auditorium where the program will begin at 10 a.m. Calla High School and New Vision continuation high school will both start their ceremonies at 7 p.m., with Calla holding the event in the Sierra High School gym and New Vision having theirs in the New Vision gym at McCuen Avenue in Stockton.
Holding their graduation and promotion ceremonies for students who will go on to the next level of education in the fall are the following elementary schools:
• George Komure in Weston Ranch, 9 a.m. in the school gym (back-up location, Komure Amphitheatre).
• Great Valley School in Weston Ranch, 10 a.m. in the school gym.
• Lathrop Elementary School, 10 a.m. in the school gym (back-up location, school courtyard).
• Sequoia School, 4:30 p.m. at Manteca High (with Sequoia gym as back-up location).
• Joshua Cowell School, 5 p.m. in the school courtyard (back-up location, Woodward School gym).
• Golden West School, 6 p.m. in the school gym (back-up location, Brockman School gym).
• Veritas School, 6 p.m., in the school gym (back-up location, Veritas courtyard).
• Neil Hafley School, 7 p.m., in the school courtyard (back-up, school gymnasium).
• Shasta School, 7 p.m. at Manteca High School (back-up location, Shasta School gym).
• French Camp School, 7 p.m. in the school’s new Multipurpose Room (back-up, Mossdale School in Lathrop).
• Nile Garden School, 7:30 p.m., school courtyard.
The nine elementary schools holding their graduation and promotion ceremonies on Wednesday, May 25, are the following:
• August Knodt in Weston Ranch, 10 a.m. in the school gym.
• Lincoln School, 2 p.m. in the school cafeteria (back-up, Manteca High small gym).
• New Haven School, 6:30 p.m. at Crossroads Grace Community Church on Moffat Boulevard.
• Brock Elliott School, 7 p.m. at Sierra High School.
• Joseph Widmer, Jr. School in Lathrop, 7 p.m. in the school’s Multipurpose Room (back-up, Lathrop High gym).
• George McParland School, school courtyard (back-up Neil Hafley gym).
• Mossdale School in Lathrop, 7 p.m. in the school gym (back-up, Lathrop High gym).
• Stella Brockman School, 7 p.m. in the school gym (back-up location, Golden West School gym).
• Woodward School, 7 p.m. in the school gym.
Five high school campuses have scheduled graduation ceremonies on May 26 and May 27, all starting at 7 p.m.
The following three high schools are having their ceremonies on Thursday, May 26:
• East Union High at Dino Cunial Stadium.
• Manteca High at Guss Schmiedt Field
• Weston Ranch High at the Weston Ranch Stadium.
The two high schools rounding out the May graduation ceremonies are:
• Sierra High School in the Daniel Teicheira memorial stadium.
• Lathrop High School in the school gymnasium.