Gordon West is the School Resource Officer assigned to Ripon Unified.
On Monday, the school board will pay special recognition to the veteran Ripon Police Department officer for his services to the local school district.
Trustees will also recognize Garden Joy, a local non-profit gardening program benefiting youngsters – many of which are RUSD students – at the monthly meeting in the Council Chambers, 259 N. Wilma Ave.
The open session is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
In other agenda items:
· The Ripon High Band under the direction of instructor Geoffory Felver will perform the Star Spangled Banner.
· Nox Poortina and Kilie Ann, who are students in the RHS Art Program, will present pieces of their work.
· Harvest High is scheduled to give a presentation on the new school year.
· RUSD elementary school counselors will share how they are promoting a culture of belonging via Building Bridges.
· Director of Maintenance & Operation Andy Strickland will provide a Safe School presentation along with the facilities update.
For more information, log on to www.riponusd.net.