The San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission (SJRRC) is holding five public scoping meetings over the next two weeks in the cities of Santa Clara, Fremont, Modesto, Livermore and Tracy.
The public is invited to comment on proposed improvements and expansion of existing Altamont Corridor Express service to San Jose and extending service to Modesto as early as 2018. Service would then extend to Merced and provide approximately 10 daily round trips from Stockton to San Jose as early as 2022.
“ACEforward is fast-tracking the modernization and expansion of the ACE rail service,” said Stacey Mortensen, Executive Director of the San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission. “Holding public scoping meetings and gaining input from the community and agency stakeholders is the critical first step to beginning the environmental review process and launching the ACEforward Program.”
The general public is encouraged to attend any of the five public scoping meetings to learn more about the project and to provide comments. The meetings will be open houses and attendees can drop by anytime during the three hour meetings. Public scoping meetings will be held at the following locations:
• Santa Clara, Monday, July 22, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Santa Clara Central Park Library, 2635
Homestead Road, Santa Clara.
• Fremont, Tuesday, July 23, 5 to 8 p.m., Fremont Senior Community Center, Fremont.
• Modesto, Wednesday, July 24, 5 to 8 p.m., Stanislaus County Library Modesto Branch, 1500 I St., Modesto.
• Livermore, Monday, July 29, 5 to 8 p.m., Civic Center Library Community Rooms A+B, 1188 S. Livermore Ave., Livermore.
• Tracy, Tuesday, July 30, 5 to 8 p.m., Tracy Transit Station, 50 E Sixth Street, Tracy.
Public comments on the scope of the environmental review will be accepted through August 16, 2013. Comments may be submitted at any of the public scoping meetings or in writing to Mr. Dan Leavitt, Manager of Regional Initiatives, ATTN: ACEforward Program EIR/EIS, SJRRC/ACE Headquarters 949 East Channel Street, Stockton, CA 95202, or via email with the Subject line “ACEforward EIR/EIS” to: email@example.com.