• PLACE: New Buds Nursery Inc.
• LOCATION: 23563 S. Manteca Rd.
• HOW TO GET THERE: From Highway 120, take the S. Main Street exit and travel south. Main Street becomes Manteca Road, continuing on where the business can be found pat East Veritas Road before West Ripon Road.
• HOURS: Monday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• INFORMATION: Ph. 209.824.7403 / Web. www.newbudsnursery.com.
When was the last time a nursery was called “Super Awesome?”
New Buds Nursery Inc. at 23563 S. Manteca Rd. received that sort of rave during a recent online review.
“We wanted a pink guava for a long time but could never find one at the stores,” said Alberto of Merced.
He stumbled upon the Manteca business last February after catching his daughter’s soccer game. New Buds had to place an order for the pink guava.
But that was good enough for Alberto.
“The next week we went back and in fact they did have a beautiful full-grown guava tree with bearing fruits. They even had a bigger one if I wanted it,” he said.
New Buds is a nursery, garden center and farm supply store located just south of town, and has what’s lacking at the major retailers.
Folks will stop by in search of fruit trees, exotic flowers, organic plants, custom landscape designs, hydro seeding, perennial plants, lawn fertilizers and shrub plants.
New Buds has it all for any garden needs.
“It’s a huge décor store, too,” said Annette of Manteca. “This place is a beautiful tranquil setting in the country (with) Italian / French motif.
“What a beautiful nursery.”