Each year, the San Joaquin County Office of Education conducts a Teacher of the Year program.
This year, Robert Mayfield of Ripon High is the Ripon Unified nominee. He recently led a campus-wide Coin War in which students raised over $2,100 during the month-long event benefitting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
At tonight’s school board meeting, Mayfield will be recognized for his efforts during the 7 p.m. open session inside the Council Chambers, 259 N. Wilma Ave. He’ll be among those honored at the SJCOE celebration event on June 12.
Other agenda items include:
• The board will recognize students who achieved the California Seal of Biliteracy / Pathways to Biliteracy Awards.
• Trustees will also honor Park View Elementary School for recently being selected by the California Business for Education Excellence.
• Stephanie Hobbs of the Ripon Community Athletic Foundation will provide the latest update on the modernization project at Stouffer Field.
• PMI will give the latest update on modernization plans at Weston School.
• The board, in addition, will consider recommendations from the Naming Committee on the Ripon High track and the Ripon High stadium.
For more information, log on to www.riponusd.net