MODESTO — The San Joaquin Valley Award Winning Olive Oils and Vinegars Festival is Saturday, Sept. 10, on the south lawn of the McHenry Mansion.
The McHenry Mansion is located on the corner of 15th and I Streets and the event will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free. This will be a rare chance for the public to meet eight olive growers and taste their award winning olive oils and vinegars. Visitors will also learn how to cook by replacing butter and other saturated fats with olive oil, along with flavored olive oils. All products will be available for purchase.
• Bozzano Olive Ranch, olive oil tasting with Kani Jahnke
• Bray Vineyards, olive oil and wine tasting with John Hoddy and Robin Bray
• California Gold Olive Oil, olive oil tasting with Kevin Tazalaar
• Coppetti Olive Oil, olive oil tasting with Holley Coppetti
• Nick Sciabica and Sons, olive oil and vinegar tasting with Jonathan Sciabica
• Sonora Gold with olive tasting and lavender products from Rancho Torales with Joy and Sandy Severin
• Sparrow Lane, vinegar and olive oil tasting with Tony Fillicelli
• The Olive Oil Pantry & Tasting Room, olive oil and vinegar tasting with Arnie Kaufman
Author Richard Calhoun will have his California Olives, Olive Oils, and Vinegars book available for signing, along with two other books, Breakfast Around the World with more than 500 different breakfast recipes, The Butterfield Messenger an exciting and dangerous adventure ride from Missouri to California in 1858.