Tickets to the annual Manteca Garden Tour are available at nine businesses in Manteca, Ripon and Modesto.
Tickets to the only major fund-raiser during the year of the Manteca Garden Club are $15 each. All proceeds go to scholarships and to the many community beautification projects supported by the club which was established in 1952 making it one of the Family City’s longest-running non-profit organizations.
The garden tour will be held on May 14, which is the Saturday after Mother’s Day weekend, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Featured will be six of Manteca’s best private Edens. At the last garden home, members of the Manteca Artists Guild will be displaying various art works under the redwoods which is one of the highlights of the country home’s back yard. Snacks and opportunity drawings with several prizes to be given away will be enjoyed by visitors as well at this final stop of the garden tour.
Below are the business outlets where tickets may be purchased, with the accompanying tour brochure:
• Delicato Winery, 12001 So. Highway 99; telephone (209) 824-3600; open daily from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Ed’s Rockery, 6000 E. Lathrop Road; tel. (209) 239-3155; open Monday-Saturday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• German Glas Werks, 109 East Yosemite Avenue in downtown Manteca; (209) 825-4527; Monday and Thursday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday 11-4 p.m.
• Manteca Convention and Visitors Bureau, 1422 Grove Avenue in the Promenade Shops at Orchard Valley; (209) 823-7229, open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• New Bud’s Nursery, 23563 So. Manteca Road; (209) 824-7403, Monday to Saturday 8:30 am. to 5 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• P&L Concrete & Garden in Escalon; 1900 Roosevelt; (209) 838-1448, Monday to Friday 7 am. to 4 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed Sunday.
• Park Greenhouse Nursery in Ripon, 12813 West Ripon Road, (209) 599-7545, Monday to Saturday 8:30 am. to 5 p.m.; closed on Sunday.
• Scenic Nursery in Modesto, 1313 Scenic Drive, Modesto; (209) 523-7978, Monday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Silverado Nursery in Ripon, 460 So. Stockton Street; (209) 599-4543; Monday to Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.