East Union High School is living up to its slogan: Lancers lead while others follow.
The second oldest high school campus in Manteca Unified School District has posted the highest graduation rate not just among all Manteca Unified’s high schools for the school year 2012-2013 – at 96.9 percent – but throughout San Joaquin County.
The other high school campuses in Manteca Unified showed impressive numbers as well. All of them had graduation rates at well above 90 percent, according to the report. The numbers are for the school year 2012-2013, the last reported data period, according to Superintendent Jason Messer.
Here are the percentage numbers in descending order for the other high schools in Manteca Unified, according the same statistical report:
• Lathrop High School – 96.0 percent
• Sierra High School – 94.9 percent (tie)
• Weston Ranch High School – 94.9 (tie)
• Manteca High School – 94.7 percent
Accompanying the good news from the superintendent’s office is a Top 10 list of students from each of the district’s comprehensive and alternative education programs illustrating the caliber of the 2013-2014 crop of graduates.
Top 10 List of students at each campus and where they will start their college studies in the fall in their chosen field of studies:
EAST UNION HIGH SCHOOL
• Will Davis (class valedictorian) – Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
• Brooke Niendorf (class salutatorian) – Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
• Maricruz Lozano – University of the Pacific
• Carolina Gutierrez – Delta College
• Clarissa Medrano – University of the Pacific
• Cheyenne Dufall – University of California, Irvine.
• Victoria Vezaldenos – UCLA.
• Sungkyung Kim – UC Davis
• Nayeli Del Real – UC Davis
• Jordan Vinson – Modesto Junior College
LATHROP HIGH SCHOOL
• Gurpreet Adwal (class valedictorian) – UC Berkeley (Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
• Kultar Ram (co-valedictorian) – (campus choices) UC Berkeley; UCLA, University of San Diego, UC Davis (Economics)
• Andre Carrillo – Simpson University (Marketing/Psychology).
• Cyrina Avial – UC Davis (Pharmaceutical Sciences).
• Haley Nieves – UCLA (Political Science/International Affairs).
• Kimberly Damian – Dominican University (Nursing).
• Kirsten Damian – California State University, San Francisco (Computer Science).
• Mary Christianne Mendoza – UC Santa Cruz (Computer Engineering).
• Amy Thongmanivong – CSU Long Beach (Chemistry).
• Amanprit Bahga – Delta College (Nursing).
SIERRA HIGH SCHOOL
• Leonor Borges (class valedictorian) – CSU Stanislaus (Nursing).
• Anna Cardenas (class salutatorian) – UC Berkeley (Computer Science).
• Joshua Spooner – St. Mary’s College of California (undecided).
• Lawrence Silveira – Columbia College, Chicago (Creative Writing).
• Nathan Hong – Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (Computer Engineering).
• Megan Carbiener – Concordia University (English).
• Anjeleah Gotiong – San Jose State (Bio-Medical Engineering).
• Fabiola Lopez Padilla – Sacramento State (Teacher).
• Rachel Holmstrom – UC Santa Cruz (Political Science)
• Jasmeet Sandhu – UC Santa Cruz (Biology).
• Manmeet Sandhu – UC Santa Cruz (Biology).
WESTON RANCH HIGH SCHOOL
• Kiran Preet Kaur (class valedictorian) – UCLA (Biology).
• Lucero Ambriz Madrigal (class salutatorian) – CSU Stanislaus (Nursing).
• Tiana Farriot – Delta College (Radiology).
• Christine Novoa – Delta College (Chemistry).
• Taylor Holiday – Brigham Young University (Kinesiology).
• Angelina Flores – CSU Long Beach (Biological Sciences).
• Anthony Gardia – UC Davis (Biological Sciences).
• Jessica Gomez – Azusa Pacific (International Business).
• Joshua Gonzales – San Jose State (Mechanical Engineering/Business).
• Jennifer Carmona – San Jose State (Interior Design).
• Moriah Rodriguez – University of the Pacific (Speech and Language Pathology).
MANTECA HIGH SCHOOL
• Poonam Dehal (class valedictorian) – UC Davis (Aerospace Engineering)
• Nicholas Gatehouse (class salutatorian) – Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (Microbiology).
• Anna Kepa – UC Berkeley (Psychology).
• Alyssa Dezell – University of the Pacific (Chemistry).
• Stefanie Robertson – UC Davis (Psychology).
• Chris Smith – UC Santa Cruz (Criminology).
• Jessy Talarico – San Diego State (Psychology/Electrical Engineering).
• Yaritzza Jacobo – Delta College (Manegerial Economics).
• Elizabeth Diaz – Delta College (Physiology & Behavior).
• Abigail Behler – Simpson University (Nursing).
CALLA HIGH SCHOOL
• Bryan Carmona – Delta College (General Studies).
• Hali Emery – Delta College (Counseling Psychology).
• Xavier Vargas – Delta College (Computer Technology).
• Janet Sanchez – Delta College (Television Broadcasting).
• Tiffany Lawrence – Delta College (Fine Arts).
• Schuyler West – Modesto Junior College (Psychology).
• Seleste Beato – Modesto Junior College (Animal Sciences).
• Arif Hussain – Delta College (Las Enforcement).
• Daleshka Gutierrez – Delta College (Counseling Psychology).
NEW VISION HIGH SCHOOL
• Catherine Ross – Delta College
• Marissa Williams-Lake – Delta College
• Kulpreet Srai – Tech School
• Andrew Vang – Military
• Bianca Carrillo – Delta College
• Jaliasha Walker – Delta College
be.tech ACADEMY (Culinary Arts)
• Ann Drum – Johnson and Wales Culinary School
• Brian Burns – New England Culinary Institute
• Terence Harvey – New England Culinary Institute
Manteca Unified serves more than 23,000 students in three cities – Stockton (Weston Ranch), Lathrop, and Manteca – as well as the unincorporated community of French Camp an outlying San Joaquin County unincorporated areas. The district covers approximately 113 square miles.