Students from eight area bands will participate in Manteca High School’s second annual Concert Band Festival this Saturday, March 2, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the school theater.
The event is free and open to the public.
Each band will perform a 10 to 20 minute set of music for the audience and a panel of music education experts. The primary learning opportunity for the students then comes immediately after the performance, when each band receives a 25- minute clinic with one of the panel members. The expert panel consists of three very well-known college band directors: Eric Hammer, Director of Bands at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, Andy Collinsworth, Director of Bands at California State University Sonoma in Rohnert Park, and Bob Calonico, Director of Bands at the University of California at Berkeley.
The schedule for Saturday’s public performances are as follows:
• 9 a.m. - Manteca High School Concert Band
• 9:30 a.m. - Sierra High School Concert Band
• 10a.m. East Union High School Band
• 10:30 am Manteca High School Wind Ensemble
• 11:15 a.m. - Weston Ranch Combined Junior High Bands
• 11:45 a.m. - Woodward Elementary Concert Band
• 1 p.m.- Sierra High School Symphonic Band
• 1:30 p.m. - Windemere Ranch Middle School (San Ramon) Symphonic Band
The performance part of this event is free and open to the public thanks to the support of the following sponsors: Manteca High School Band Boosters, Clubhouse Studios, and Legend Music. For more information please contact Anthony Dahl, instrumental music teacher at Manteca High, at 858-7340.