• WHAT: Beauty and the Beast, presented by the Manteca High Thespians.
• WHERE: Mulvihill Theatre, Manteca High.
• WHEN: Four shows, beginning Thursday at 7 p.m. Other shows: Friday, 7 p.m.; and Saturday, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• TICKETS: $8 for adults, $6 for students and children.
• ALSO: A special princess row will be saved at the Saturday matinee only for children dressed as Belle.
A Disney classic will grace the stage at Manteca High’s Mulvihill Theatre for a three-day run, beginning this week.
The Manteca High Thespians invite you to be their guest as they perform “Beauty and the Beast.” There are four opportunities to see the production:
• Thursday, 7 p.m.
• Friday, 7 p.m.
• And Saturday, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Megan Gonzales and Michael Huckaby will star in the stage adaption.
Gonzales will play Belle, whose beauty is complimented by her brains and sense of self. She longs for a life of adventure, a world beyond her village, but eventually falls for a cursed soul stowed away in a castle.
Huckaby will star as the protagonist, a hot-tempered, cold-hearted prince turned into the Beast by Enchantress. She casts a spell on the entire castle, a curse that transforms even the servants into household objects.
The Saturday matinee will feature a princess row. Children that come dressed as Belle will be allowed to sit in the designated area. Seating in the princess row is limited.
Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students and children.