Adria Afferino of The Greenery Nursery will be the featured speaker at the Monday, March 17, meeting of the Manteca Garden Club. She will be speaking on growing, harvesting, and preserving herbs.
The meeting will be held in the John McFall Room of the Manteca Public Library, 320 W. Center Streets. Refreshments will be served at 12:30 p.m. followed by the meeting at 1 p.m. The public is invited, and membership is always open.
The annual Manteca Garden Tour event, the club’s only major fund-raiser during the year, will be held Saturday, May 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tour tickets are $15 per person. They are sold at the following locations in Manteca, Escalon and Ripon:
• Delicato Vineyards, 12002 S. Highway 99 in Manteca
• Ed’s Rockery, 6000 E. Lathrop Road
• German Glas Werks, 109 E. Yosemite in downtown Manteca
• Manteca Visitors Center, Promenade Shops at Orchard Valley
• New Buds Nursery, 23563 S. Manteca Road.
• P&L Concrete Products, 1900 Roosevelt Avenue in Escalon.
• Park Greenhouse and Nursery, 12813 W. Ripon Road in Ripon.
• Silverado Nursery, 460 South Stockton Avenue, Ripon
• Rainforest Nursery, 1982 W. Yosemite Avenue in Manteca.
For more information about the group and how to join, visit www.mantecagardenclub.org.