The South County crab feed season is in full swing with four down and at least eight more on the way
Saturday, Jan. 28
• NILE GARDEN: Tickets are available for the 42nd annual Nile Garden Crab Feed at the MRPS Hall on Saturday, Jan. 28. The tickets are $38.50 each and include cracked crab, baked potato, salad, bread and wine. Doors open at 6 p.m. for a social hour. Dinner is served at 7 p.m. Following dinner is a raffle and then music and dancing from 9 p.m. to midnight. You must be 21 to attend. For tickets call Stacie Silveira at 823-4025.
• ST. ANTHONY’S: St. Anthony of Padua School’s crab feed is Saturday, Jan. 28, from 5 to 11 p.m. in the school gym at 323 N. Fremont Ave. Dinner will begin at 6:15 p.m. Wine and cheese tasting will take place from 5 to 6 p.m. The event will include a dessert auction, live and silent auctions, plus music and dancing. The event is for adults only. Tickets are $45 apiece. For additional details, call Vicki Ray at 480-9230 or the school office at 823-4513.
Saturday, Feb. 4
• EAST UNION: The East Union High School Athletic Boosters will hold their 40th Annual Crab Feed on Saturday, Feb. 4. Cocktails will begin at 6 p.m. and dinner at 7 p.m. at the MRPS Hall, 133 N Grant Ave., Manteca. Tickets are $40 per person. It includes all you-can-eat crab, green salad, baked potato, fresh French bread, dessert, wine and coffee. Raffle and dancing will follow. Tickets are available in the Administration Office at East Union High School. Contact 858-7270 for more information.
Friday, Feb. 10
• PARK VIEW SCHOOL: Park View Elementary School in Ripon is hosting its first Crab Feed Fundraiser on Friday, Feb. 10, at the Ripon Community Center. It is an adult-only event beginning at 6 p.m. (no-host cocktails) with dinner, auction, and dancing following at 7 p.m. The meal will include salad, bread, pasta, and fresh cracked crab. Tickets are $45 each or a table of eight for $400 (includes 2 bottles of wine). Tickets can be purchased at Park View School directly or by calling/emailing Jeannie Zimmerman email@example.com
Saturday, Feb. 11
• LATHROP HIGH BOOSTERS: The Lathrop High Athletic Boosters are conducting their first crab feed/tri tip feed on Saturday, Feb. 11, at the FESM Hall, 252 N. Main St. No-host bar is at 5 p.m. with dinner and dancing from 6 to 11 p.m. Tickets are $40 by Feb. 3 and $45 after. For tickets contact Bill Slikker at 938-6350, extension52970 or Chuck Garcia at 510-928-7849.
Saturday, Feb. 18
• ANDERSON 209 BMX: The Anderson BMX 209 all-you-can-eat crab feed that helps pay for upkeep and operations at the Spreckels Park BMX track is Saturday, Feb. 18, at the FESM Hall. Doors open at 5 p.m., dinner is at 7 p.m. and dancing from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. to the music of the classic rock band known as the The Vine Dawgz. Tickets are $40 and are available at Anderson’s Mower & Bike 907 W. Yosemite Ave., Manteca, and at Spreckels Park BMX Track on Sunday race days or by calling 209-482-7063 or 209-239-1438.
Saturday, Feb. 25
• OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE: Our Lady of Guadalupe Church of Lathrop annual crab feed is set for Saturday, Feb. 25, at the FESM Hall at 230 N. Main Street, Manteca. No host cocktails are at 5:30 p.m. dinner at 6 p.m. and dancing from 8 p.m. to 12 midnight to music by The Mike Torres Band. Tickets are $40 per person and are available at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 16200 Cambridge, Lathrop, phone 858-4466.
Sunday, Feb. 26
• WITH KNIGHT DEMO: Do you like crab feeds? Do you like knights in armor? Do you want to be served in a lordly way? Then join the members of the Society for Creative Anachronism for a crab feed and demo on Sunday, Feb. 26, at the Manteca Senior Center, 295 Cherry Lane. Doors will open at 6 p.m., with dinner starting at 7 p.m. Catering is by DeVinci’s Delicatessen. The meal will include salad, bread, pasta with sauce, and crab. Cost is $35 per person. For tickets, contact the law office of Scott Tibbedeaux at (209) 932-9785. Entertainment during the meal will be a display of martial arts by the Society’s member fighters and knights. They will demonstrate various forms of medieval combat.