New York Diamonds’ Customer Appreciation Party is on Saturday, June 13, from noon to 5 p.m. at their location at 1167 S. Main Street. Come and enjoy appetizers and drinks and enter a drawing for a beautiful diamond necklace.
• • •
Flags Over Manteca is the Manteca Chamber of Commerce’s signature event. In observance of Flag Day, the Flags will be placed out on Manteca streets by volunteers on Sunday, June 14. Appreciating volunteerism spirit, Manteca Community will serve free coffee and snacks to the flag volunteers at the intersection of Yosemite & Main Street between 4 and 5:30 a.m.
• • •
What are you doing this weekend?
Go play some bingo! A Bingo Fling will be at the Manteca Senior Center, 295 Cherry Lane, on Saturday, June 13, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Your hands will shake and your heart will flutter when the announcer will call the numbers and you will mark them hoping for a win. There will be regular bingo, special bingo games and a raffle and guess what, all prizes are cash! Tickets include event admission, “All-American Meal” and a six-pack of bingo cards. There is only one catch, you must be at least 18 years old to attend, so no children are allowed to the Bingo Fling. Which on the other hand makes a nice night out with only your spouse or friends. See you there! Price: $15 Learn more at http://community.mantecabulletin.com/events/detail/14754/
• • •
It’s time to enjoy all the fresh fruit and vegetables that the Central Valley has to offer. St. Joseph’s Foundation is hosting a farm-to-table event on Saturday, June 13, called “Farm to Heart” where fresh produce will make its way to your plate. Only locally grown produce will be used for appetizers, dinner and desserts. Given that more than 230 crops grows in the Central Valley and it’s the (almost) sole producer of tomatoes, almonds, grapes, cotton, apricots, and asparagus, the dinner options sounds pretty tasty! Visit the Lincoln Farmhouse off March Lane near Brookside (the old Grupe House, 3225 Deer Park Drive, Stockton) and enjoy the delicious evening. Farmers Market themed cocktail hour starts at 6:30 p.m. Price: $175 Learn more at: http://www.supportstjosephshospital.org/index.htm
• • •
When you think about future, how far do you usually go? Five years? Ten? What about twenty? That’s exactly what the U.S. Department of Arts and Culture wants you to do at #IMAGININGStockton on Saturday, June 13, at Café Coop (42 North Sutter Street, Stockton) at 3 p.m. #IMAGININGStockton is for everyone who cares about Stockton and wants to collaborate in an effort to envision and build a better city. You don’t have to be an artist to attend, creativity and ideas are enough. They also promise “serious fun, light refreshments and great company.” Price: FREE Learn more at http://www.visitstockton.org/events/imaginingstockton
• • •
Have more fun this weekend!
• A “Meet the Muscles” car show will allow kids and adults to explore the many varieties of specialty vehicles plus participate in a Hot Wheels race this Saturday, June 13, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Golden Community Gym and parking lot, 1031 N. Main St., Manteca. (FREE)
• One of the best brewfests of the year, 9th annual Raley Field Brewfest (400 Ballpark Dr. West Sacramento), is ready to serve local craft brews, ballpark eats, and a live band on Friday, June 12, from 6 to 10 p.m. ($40-$55)
• “Discover the Dinosaurs” at the Stockton Arena (248 W Fremont Street) this weekend, Friday-Sunday, June 12-14 ($16-$22).
• Check out workshop called Take Your Garden to New Heights and make a colorful hanging garden basket for a good cause at The Inn at Locke House (19960 Elliott Road, Lockeford) on Sunday, June 14, at 1:30 p.m. ($39)
• Explore who lives in your family tree at the The Haggin Museum (1201 N. Pershing Ave, Stockton) on Saturday, June 13, at 1:30 p.m. ($5-$7)
• KUDOS Children’s Theatre Company in Stockton presents “Cinderella’s Glass Slipper” on Thursday-Saturday, June 11-13, all three days at 6:30 p.m. ($10-$15)
• The Summer ArtSplash is a free self-guided tour of downtown Stockton venues filled with art and you can attend it on Friday, June 12, between 5 and 8 p.m. (FREE)
• A similar program is also offered in Tracy, where you can enjoy a self-guided artwalk featuring local visual and performing artists also on Friday, June 12, from 6 to 8 p.m. (FREE)