Take your dad out for a fabulous breakfast hosted by the Ripon VFW Post 1051 (12455 W. Ripon Road) and sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary on Sunday, June 21, from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Enjoy eggs any style, omelets, waffles, and more for a suggested donation $8-$10. Please call 209.599.6815 for more information.
Cpl. Charles O. Palmer II Memorial Troop Support Program is hosting a Troop Packing Event and Donation Drive on Friday, June 19, at 1 p.m. at the Manteca Transit Center. Bring your donations or help pack and tape boxes for troops around the world. For more information, please call Kelly Carpo at 209.923.6370 or Chuck Palmer at 209.627.5147.
• • •
What are you doing this weekend?
Lodi is not only famous for its wine, but also for its beer. Don’t believe us? Then visit the Lodi Craft Beer Festival this Saturday, June 20, at the Lodi Grape Festival Grounds (413 East Lockeford Street) from 3 to 7 p.m. Brewers such as Sierra Nevada, Lagunitas, Firestone, Dustbowl, Tioga Sequoia, and many more from all over Northern California will share over 38 varieties of beer. It will be a first class festival of craft brewers with some delicious food to boot and of course live music, courtesy of band Group Therapy, to entertain you. Your ticket price already includes parking, and designated drivers pay only $10 to get in. Have fun! Price: $30, designated drivers $10. Learn more at http://lodicraftbeerfestival.com/
• • •
Have more fun this weekend!
• This year Juneteenth celebration will commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation at the Taft Community Center (389 W Downing Avenue, Stockton) on Saturday, June 20, from noon to 7 p.m. (FREE)
• Sit under the stars at Maidu Museum’s outdoor amphitheater (1970 Johnson Ranch Drive, Roseville) to enjoy native stories around the campfire on Friday, June 19, at 7 p.m. ($5)
• Papa Bears, bring your little cubs out the Micke Grove Zoo and go on a Bear “Scavenger” Hunt on Sunday, June 21, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ($3-$5)
• Celebrate Father’s Day with a Delta Cruise aboard the California Sunset in the Downtown Stockton Marina (445 West Weber Avenue) on Sunday, June 21, at 1 p.m. ($59)
• Central Valley Herpetological Society meeting at the Manteca Public Library - McFall Room on Saturday, June 20, at 7 p.m. will welcome Wolfgang Keil as he gives a video-packed presentation of his recent research trip to Southeast Asia. There will also be raffling for an albino iguana valued at $1,500. (FREE)