• WHAT: Give Every Child A Chance Atone E. Raymus 15th Annual Bowl-A-Thon
• WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 22. Bowling times will be scheduled at 8 and 10:15 a.m., or 12:30 p.m.
• WHERE: Manteca Bowl and Family Fun Center, 1251 E. Yosemite Ave.
• ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Five people per team must raise a minimum of $50 each team member, in pledge, to enter the Bowl-A-Thon. Total team registration is $250.
• FOR MORE INFO: Call 823-6222.
There are at least six challengers in the works for this Saturday’s bowl-a-thon being staged to help struggling children succeed in school.
The challenges are part of the Give Every Child a Chance (GECAC) Antone E. Raymus 15th Annual Bowl-A-Thon on Saturday, Feb 22. The proceeds help pay for free tutoring for students to help bring them up to grade level.
Challenges so fare included:
• Lathrop vs. Manteca Firefighters
• Give Every Child A Chance vs. Second Harvest Food Bank
• Target vs. Kohls
• Golden Valley Federal Credit Union vs. Oak Valley Community Bank VS. Bank of Stockton
• Interact Club vs. Rotary Club
• Grocery Outlet vs. Sunrise Kiwanis
Marie Raymus, in partnership with Give Every Child A Chance, will be hosting this special event by donating the use of the Manteca Bowl and Family Fun Center from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This includes 36 lanes, bowling shoes, a soft drink for each participant, and staff to ensure the success of the Bowl-A-Thon. All of it is at no charge to Give Every Child a Chance.
GECAC is encouraging businesses to challenge the competition in an exciting two-game competition. Don’t miss this opportunity to challenge other business for bragging rights and a chance to be the grand prize winner in categories such as, Health Care, Government, Service Agency Organization, Retail, Service/Community Club, School, Retail, House of Worship, Bank, and Youth Group, and After School Advantage Program.
There are also top prizes for overall highest collecting top youth team, overall top three individual students, and prizes for individual youth collectors. The youth who collects the most money over $1,000 will win an Xbox In addition, the school that collects the most pledges (minimum of $1,000) will receive $500 school shopping spree.
The minimum entry fee for a team (5 bowlers) is $250 and for each team member includes; two games of bowling a T-shirt, shoe rental, and one soft drink. Forming a team is easy:
• Select five members to be on your team.
• Choose a team captain.
• Choose a convenient time for your team to bowl (8, 10:15 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.)
• Fax in your entry form to (209) 823-6255 or call 823-6222 with your team information.
• Collect your pledges.
The Bowl-A-Thon is a major fundraiser for GECAC that brings people of all ages together to raise funds for a program that provides free help with school work, while helping students build their confidence and self-esteem.
For additional information, to request a team packet, or for further assistance with community challenges, call 823-6222.