It's exactly seven days before Christmas. That sounds like a really short time to send by postal mail greeting cards or packages in time for December 25 which is happening next week.
But you do have time, assures Ripon Post Office Postmaster Allison Tagara. You just have to be willing to spend a few cents more for that special loved one.
Here are the choices.
* Priority mail Express which can be delivered in three to five days in the United States and Canada. Deadline is Dec. 23
* Priority mail delivery will take six to 10 business days. Taking advantage of the six-day delivery time is hitting quite close to the deadline, but it means you can do it if you drop your mail or package right away. Deadline is Dec. 21.
* First Class mail deadline is Dec. 20.
* For packages up to $400 in value and weighing four pounds, delivery varies by destination.
These are the deadline dates "to assure delivery by December 24," Tagara said.
Post offices in Manteca, Ripon, Lathrop and French Camp do not have special or extended hours for the holidays. Normal operating applies only.
Here are the various postal locations in the area:
* Main office, Manteca is at the corner of West Center and Maple streets in downtown Manteca.
* Industrial Park, 668 Industrial Park Drive.
*Lathrop, 15529 7th Street.
* French Camp, 315 East French Camp Road
* Ripon, 1275 West Main Street.
Business hours vary at each location, so check before you go. Lobby hours for Post Office Box access are 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday; 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. Offices are closed on Sundays.